LS coil spark plug wires-Custom application

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

JAM
Master MS/Extra'er

LS coil spark plug wires-Custom application

Post by JAM »

I am using the LS D585 coils and have them directly on the plug in a non-LS application

I would like to move them off the coil so i need to figure out spark plug wires. Long story short is that i have the spark plug side worked out (custom weird application) but do not have the hardware (boots/clips) for the coil side. I have been looking around and seems like there are millions of options for a standard application (short wires complete) but I have not been able to find anything that just has the hardware for the coil side (or just a DIY build your own wire kit)

Maybe i am looking in all the wrong places- I am sure somebody has done this with how many use the D585- any tips appreciated
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: LS coil spark plug wires-Custom application

Post by nathaninwa »

I've bought some coil ends from msd, they come in a 2 pack with 2 boots and metal clips. Draw back is the coil boot is the standard 30* LS angle or so and for a 7mm wire
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
JAM
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JAM »

nathaninwa wrote:I've bought some coil ends from msd, they come in a 2 pack with 2 boots and metal clips. Draw back is the coil boot is the standard 30* LS angle or so and for a 7mm wire
Thanks for the tip i will look closer at msd... but i know what you mean. i was wanting a straight one on the coil side, seems like they all have an angle
Healey3000
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Healey3000 »

JAM wrote:
nathaninwa wrote:I've bought some coil ends from msd, they come in a 2 pack with 2 boots and metal clips. Draw back is the coil boot is the standard 30* LS angle or so and for a 7mm wire
Thanks for the tip i will look closer at msd... but i know what you mean. i was wanting a straight one on the coil side, seems like they all have an angle
I second MSD but yes, there's that funny angle on the coil side.

A suggestion - the RX-8 crowd uses the D585 as an upgrade to the problematic OEM coils. There are vendors offering kits that include a mounting bracket and wire set. It may be worth seeing if they have a straight lead DIY end.
JAM
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JAM »

thanks for the info and help, i was unable to locate any straight boots but i did find the msd units and ordered them

for any future reference the PN is MSD Ignition 3304
Ollie8974
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ollie8974 »

I found an E-bay vendor, who offered custom length plug wires.
klakin
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by klakin »

Try Accel 170180-8