Reading an ECU

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

leok
MS/Extra Newbie

Reading an ECU

Post by leok »

I have been looking for the factory ignition map for a 1998 CBR900RR without getting anywhere really... so now I am considering reading the information directly from the factory ECU.

I was wondering if anyone has done this before?
I was thinking I would get an analog io board and maybe use a raspberry pi to accomplish this.
I would also need to simulate the VRIN+/VRIN-.

I would appreciate any advise that might save me some time/trouble, especially if you have done this before.

Best regards,
Leo
Leo Kenner

MS-II Fuel Only, V 2.2 board, MS2 Extra 3.1, LC-1, TunerStudio MS.
1998 Honda CBR900RR
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Reading an ECU

Post by grom_e30 »

Is it carb or fi? If it's a fi go bike have a look about the ecu hacking / flash tuning sites. You may be able to find a stock factory ecu bin file for yours or a newer cbr that you can use as reference for building your own ignition table to start from
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
leok
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Reading an ECU

Post by leok »

Its a carb unit. So right now I have the MS running fuel only, and the ecu is doing the ignition.

Leo
Leo Kenner

MS-II Fuel Only, V 2.2 board, MS2 Extra 3.1, LC-1, TunerStudio MS.
1998 Honda CBR900RR