microsquirt and chargecooler pump

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

oscarmax
Helpful MS/Extra'er

microsquirt and chargecooler pump

Post by oscarmax »

Can my Microsquirt V3 run my chargecooler pump
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: microsquirt and chargecooler pump

Post by grom_e30 »

if you have a spare out put, fidle, aled or wled, they you could use that to drive a relay to turn on under certain conditions (programmable out ports) like if map is higher than x kpa turn relay on, you can also set a second condition as well so if kpa > 150 & mat > 35 it will only turn on when the kpa is higher and if the manifold temp is above 35
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
oscarmax
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by oscarmax »

grom_e30 wrote:if you have a spare out put, fidle, aled or wled, they you could use that to drive a relay to turn on under certain conditions (programmable out ports) like if map is higher than x kpa turn relay on, you can also set a second condition as well so if kpa > 150 & mat > 35 it will only turn on when the kpa is higher and if the manifold temp is above 35
I have used the Fidle to run a relay to my chargecooler pump, what data settings do I need to put into my Microsquirt V3, also can I use the same relay to controller my water injection ?
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

I would run the charge cooler pump off the ignition or fuel pump relay possibly, that way its always running when the engine is, as to water injection i would guess that would only be needed under boost so would be better to let the ecu control that.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
oscarmax
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by oscarmax »

grom_e30 wrote:I would run the charge cooler pump off the ignition or fuel pump relay possibly, that way its always running when the engine is, as to water injection i would guess that would only be needed under boost so would be better to let the ecu control that.
Hi I have ditched the water injection idea, due to cost, thank for the help.