What type of injector to choose for a carb to efi conversion

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mustangjp
MS/Extra Newbie

What type of injector to choose for a carb to efi conversion

Post by mustangjp »

Hello, Would like some help picking out an injector. I've converted a carb equipped V8 over to TBI setup and looking into going with port injection now. Running on a MS2 system. So what would you recommend for a conversion? I need something in the 35-40 lb/hr range @ 43.5psi. High impedance type. The fuel rail I'm planning on using is for a 5.0 Ford. Open minded to any suggestions. I see a wide variety of parts for sale with a big difference in price. I see that they have different dimensions, not sure if one works better in a conversion or not.

Thanks,

JP
MS2 on Ford 351C, custom internal crank trigger, FAST EZ-EFI TBI, LS truck coils in wasted spark
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: What type of injector to choose for a carb to efi conver

Post by billr »

They could probably all be made to work OK. Is this going to be a custom manifold, so that you can use any style of injector; or what style do you require? I like the old Bosch style that go back into the '70s, there are a lot of options for those and you can shop for a reasonable price.
mustangjp
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mustangjp »

Yes, I was thinking most any of them would work. The manifold I'm using is a Holley Strip Dominator single plane. I was looking at the bosch EV1 style or the EV14.
MS2 on Ford 351C, custom internal crank trigger, FAST EZ-EFI TBI, LS truck coils in wasted spark
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

mustangjp wrote:Yes, I was thinking most any of them would work. The manifold I'm using is a Holley Strip Dominator single plane. I was looking at the bosch EV1 style or the EV14.
I'd go to the Corral (corral.net) and look for a set of used FMS 36lb injectors. You can get them cheap, or a set of 42lb Gen 2 Lightning injectors.
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/