Compact fuel filters

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

herron_mac1
MS/Extra Newbie

Compact fuel filters

Post by herron_mac1 »

Has any one used any of the JEGS compact filters? They claim good up to 75psi but do not specify if EFI or low pressure carb. I'm looking to put the filter under the car (mk1 vw) next to the retrofit fuel pump but i have limited access. OEM the filter is mounted under the hood in the bay so you see my problem. I am running a 044 pump which claims 70psi max. I just don't want to run the risk of fuel spillage. any ideas? And no, its not going under the hood. :roll:
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Compact fuel filters

Post by Matt Cramer »

75 psi is 75 psi; the filter doesn't care what is downstream of it. I've used a metal-can type fuel filter with EFI before.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
herron_mac1
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by herron_mac1 »

Downstream, you say after the pump, before the rail/injectors. That's where I plan on putting it, not a pre-filter.
keithmac
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by keithmac »

What base fuel pressure do you run and what max manifold pressure (turbo/ supercharger?).
Squirted VW GTI 16vG60 mk2
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Could you link the filter. I've seen the compact summit units that use a disc about 1 inch in diameter get blown out like a bubble as the filter caught stuff. Just not enough surface area with that much flow. We started loosing fuel pressure up top
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
herron_mac1
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by herron_mac1 »

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15030/10 ... gQod3n8L_Q

same filter except i will use barb ends.

engine is VW 16v running cbr1000rr itbs, 318ish injectors from a 1.8t, all NA motor with a bosch 044.

I have a filter that i may use that is for a 1.8t its just a little larger in diameter then what a want.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Yep, same filter. Clogged it up with a clean tank pretty fast, ballooned the pleating out of the filter and started loosing fuel pressure at 30psi which made us over fuel the ve table trouble shooting it

I'd run the little longer one that takes the cartridge filter
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
herron_mac1
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by herron_mac1 »

nathaninwa wrote:Yep, same filter. Clogged it up with a clean tank pretty fast, ballooned the pleating out of the filter and started loosing fuel pressure at 30psi which made us over fuel the ve table trouble shooting it

I'd run the little longer one that takes the cartridge filter
Thanks!