Toyota 3 wire IACV info

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Vicoor
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Toyota 3 wire IACV info

Post by Vicoor »

I'm posting this because I found little info on the topic.

Several years ago I found there are two types of 3 wire IACV used on Toyotas. The same type of rotary valve is used on some Hondas as well. While it doesn't look like there was a fixed date that these were implemented, you can find them starting in the late 90's and early 2000's Outwardly they appear the same, but the electrical function is different. The older style is the type of 3 wire IACV we are familiar with, using two opposing coils that are alternately energized. The "newer" type has a power, ground, and low level puslewidth input. I will refer to this type as the 3 wire digital IACV

To identify which one you are dealing with, check the resistance. The older, two coil type, will have a resistance around 20 ohms between the center pin and each of the two outer pins. The digital style will measure something in the Mega ohms across two of the pins and Kilo ohms on the others.

To use the 3 wire digital IACV, connect pin 1 to F Idle, pin 2 to +12V, and pin 3 to ground. After that it's just a matter of configuration. I'm using a frequency setting of 124Hz. I found that lower settings resulted in a noisy valve.
I hope this info is useful.
Don't Talk About it,,,Just Do It!
1993 Toyota P/U 22RE V3.0 MS2/Extra 3.4.2 Full sequential Injection & Spark
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Toyota 3 wire IACV info

Post by CRSTune »

The last 2 times I've worked with this valve, I used a frequency of 166.5hz (not tuned with Megasquirt) and it worked extremely well. The closest frequency to that in MS would be 153hz (again, that's just my experience).
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug