mechanical adapter: gm to ford iac valve

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

buick
Helpful MS/Extra'er

mechanical adapter: gm to ford iac valve

Post by buick »

help - looking for an adapter to insert into a gm style hole (slip fit with 2 retaining bolts) in a FAST throttle body to accept a ford style IAC valve. If not available, then I'll look into machining or 3D plastic printing. Need ford style to work with the Mercruiser 555. MS conversion down the road.
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: mechanical adapter: gm to ford iac valve

Post by Raymond_B »

1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/
DHH
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by DHH »

Not sure if my suggestion will be of any help, but I used an adapter similar to the second one posted by Raymond, although I made it myself by cutting a piece of 1/2" aluminum and tapping for a couple npt/hose fittings. I left the one one side open to atmosphere and connected the other side to the brake booster manifold port. FYI: mine is a boat application as well. I have not fired my motor yet, so I can't say 100% this works, but I see no reason why it won't.
6.2L LS3, Procharged, MS3X V3.0
22' Donzi Classic
Not yet running...
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread. ... 502-to-LS3 (Disclaimer: Contains naive info :D )
buick
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by buick »

The summit link reminded me that I had an old electromotive brand remote IAC housing for a GM IACV. It looks like what I can do is essentially mount the housing back to back with the throttle body and run a 7/16" OD brass pipe inside to isolate the airways . Then remove the air nipples from the remote housing and attach the mercruiser IACV. All bolt holes seem to align. Just need to see if it all clears. Unless some one has a better idea. I appreciate the brainstorming to date.