2.5L GM TBI

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Kevinb71
MS/Extra Newbie

2.5L GM TBI

Post by Kevinb71 »

I did some searching of the forums, but have not found anything yet. I am thinking of using 2 87-90 Grand Am 1 barrel TBI on a 1949 Chrysler Flathead 6. I have the two carb intake and could make adapters to accept the TBI's. Is there any information out there on these units? What is rating of the injector unit? Also a this point I have not held one of these in my hands and am wondering what fuel line connections are needed. If anyone has used these TBI units please let me know what your thoughts were on them. This engine is 251cu in. and in the future (soon) I want to install the 2 Subaru WRX turbos that I have on it. Thought I would get the unblown induction system working and then add the turbos as I have never worked with a turbo before. I like the look of these units as it would seem more natural on this engine than other throttle bodies. Any thoughts are welcome. :RTFM:
JamesSF
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: 2.5L GM TBI

Post by JamesSF »

If you ever got any information on your request, please let me know. I am trying to mount two GM single mid-1980's throttle body injection units onto a dual Edumnds 1BBL manifold for a 265 flathead.

James