Could anybody name me what sensors 2JZ has?

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jeff01
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Could anybody name me what sensors 2JZ has?

Post by jeff01 »

Hy, Greetings from Estonia
I Have to put together ms3x for 98 vvti 2jz but I havent seen the engine.
it came from gs300
I think it has to have more than 1 cam sync sensor when it turns cam with PWM :roll:
Injectors are low z?
Has it passive coilpack in stock?

It would be really helpful If I would know what type and how many cam sensors it has.

Thanks alot guys :)
ExtremeFam07
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Could anybody name me what sensors 2JZ has?

Post by ExtremeFam07 »

Hey, I will try to answer your questions the best I can. All of your timing/sync signals will be VR. So set your board up for VR. The Crank will be a 36-2 toothed wheel and you will have two cam signals also VR. You'll want to build an additional VR conditioner circuit in the prototyping area if you want to use all three sensors. You're right about the PWM needed for moving the intake camshaft. Your coils would be a wasted spark setup from factory. You can easily run COP with the non vvti coils or numerous other options here. Your injectors should be side feed high Z infectors. You should double check with a DMM. This is best to my knowledge.
jeff01
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jeff01 »

Thanks alot. it was really helpful.
3VR would not make me a trouble and coils will be with built in igniters and full sequential anyway :) (Done that)
Thanks again :P
ExtremeFam07
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ExtremeFam07 »

Hey, I almost forgot if you need information on the IACV here is a site that should answer any questions you may have. Just a tip DO NOT connect the two 12v power wires in the center.

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4294 ... 9%20Wiring
jeff01
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jeff01 »