Alpha test: Miata/DSM 4G63 Optical CAS Dual Wheel

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

Hope this helps you. I'm starting to wonder if I can use the stock IAC. The middle 2 pins are +12v pins. And the Stock ECU I think adjusts the grounds. But maybe it might still work. I think the IAC resets to neutral when you turn the key on.
Jeremiah
93 5.8 LX Mustang - MSIIextra
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo - MSIIextra
beige91
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by beige91 »

ok, i'm almost done harassing you guys, or at the very least i'm forced to post in a different forum...

IGNOUT doesn't appear on my board. I have an IGN and an IGBTOUT.

after that's done, the last I must harass you guys about is having a look and making sure everything looks wired correctly...
amd is the best
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by amd is the best »

Anyone have the ECU pinout diagrams for a 2G 4G63? I am going to be MSing a 97, using the 1st gen CAS.
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

amd is the best wrote:Anyone have the ECU pinout diagrams for a 2G 4G63? I am going to be MSing a 97, using the 1st gen CAS.
Hera ya go: 2G turbo ECU pinouts:

http://vfaq.com/mods/ecu-harness-2G.html

For 1G turbo ECU pinouts:

http://vfaq.com/mods/ecu-harness-1G.html

BTW, both of these pinouts are correct, as i did installs on both 1g and 2g's using these pinout diagrams.
-Matt-
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 420A Turbo- MS2 Extra- 2.1.0 Release
1992 Plymouth Laser RS 4g63 AWD Turbo MS2 Extra- 3.0.3s
amd is the best
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by amd is the best »

md95 wrote:
amd is the best wrote:Anyone have the ECU pinout diagrams for a 2G 4G63? I am going to be MSing a 97, using the 1st gen CAS.
Hera ya go: 2G turbo ECU pinouts:

http://vfaq.com/mods/ecu-harness-2G.html

For 1G turbo ECU pinouts:

http://vfaq.com/mods/ecu-harness-1G.html

BTW, both of these pinouts are correct, as i did installs on both 1g and 2g's using these pinout diagrams.
Thank you very much! I have a few questions, would you happen to have AIM and not mind answering a few quick questions?

Nick
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

I do have AIM, but i'm rarely on it. Best way is to PM me, and i will get back to you as soon as i can..
-Matt-
beige91
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by beige91 »

anybody wanna let me know where to find "ignout" on this V3.0 board so I can get this thing running?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Looks like you had a typo in the directions. IGBTOUT is the output of the VB921, and IGN is the one that connects directly to pin 36 of the DB37 connector.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

When i did the wiring schematics for the 4/2 CAS, i pretty much just copied the ignition output diagrams from MS1 Extra docs...Since they had been up for so long already, i'd thought they would be accurate....I dont have a v3 board, so i didnt even think to verify those diagrams..sorry about the confusion.
-Matt-
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

It happens. I already knew what the ignition output was to the DB37 from assembly. I didn't even notice the type-o. I usually catch those things. On a plus note I finally got the new motor in the 2G. Thing looks sick with the bling DNP manifold and purple Tial on it. :) I've been busy rewiring the 2G harness for clean up and GM CLT, 90 TPS, and the 1G 90 CAS. And of course re doing the entire engine harness to get rid of the now unused connectors and not have the nasty usual 6 bolt 2G wiring mess on the tranny.

I should be ready to fire it up tomarrow with the MS. I decided to just start with the MS as it's easier to do the wiring now with a lot of the in the way parts off still.

Matt could I please use your MSQ to get this going? It should be good enough to start it and rev it up to break in the cams and maybe do a few low boost pulls on it to seat the rings. If you would post it soon I would be very grateful. I'm also going to try and use the stock IAC so I'll have to mess with that stuff. I should be able to give some good numbers for IAC use if it will even work. I'm not to sure how the 6 wire works. I can't find any good info on it. I'm just hoping the the 2 12v wires are just straight 12v and the 4 coil wires are normal operation of usual 4 wire IACs. Worst case we get another TB and get rid of the IAC and FIAV.
Jeremiah
beige91
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by beige91 »

I had a feeling it was labeled IGN, but i figured if "IGNBOUT" was labeled as so, that there would be a IGNAOUT" or "IGNOUT" silkscreened. cool guys, thanks.
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

Here is my msq file. Take note this is for the June17 alpha code! If you are going to use the injector semi-seq code, be sure to wire your injector banks appropriately- Bank one on 1&3, bank 2 on 2&4. The req fuel value is set for stock 450cc injectors, using NO PWM since i use the OEM resistor packs. So if you are not using resistor packs, then be sure to set the PWM perameters. The ignition table is pretty close to the stock 1G timing map, with a few adjustments here and there. My tables were only tuned in for 203 kpa(15 psi) so far, so anything above that kpa, are "guessed" values. It starts great when cold, but the hot cranking may need a bit of adjustment yet. Oh yeah, my FIDLE output is ported, controlling my cooling fan, so be aware of that! I do not run EAE yet as well, just TPSdot.
-Matt-
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

beige91 wrote:I had a feeling it was labeled IGN, but i figured if "IGNBOUT" was labeled as so, that there would be a IGNAOUT" or "IGNOUT" silkscreened. cool guys, thanks.
Actually, it's not meant to stand for Ignition A or Ignition B. IGBTOUT is short for Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor OUTput.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

Matt. I have one question. Pretty much finished with my build. I can't find which pin on the main harness is sensor ground. I haven't put the battery in yet and Alldata isn't showing me a sensor ground on the harness. Just wondering if maybe they are already grounded or if their is a pin I have to ground.
Jeremiah
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

Maglin wrote:Matt. I have one question. Pretty much finished with my build. I can't find which pin on the main harness is sensor ground. I haven't put the battery in yet and Alldata isn't showing me a sensor ground on the harness. Just wondering if maybe they are already grounded or if their is a pin I have to ground.
What do you mean by sensor ground? I did my grounding of the coolant and IAT sensors at the firewall ground strap, then i grounded the wideband and MS at the stock ECU ground, which is right by the ECU, held in with a 10mm bolt. Should be on the passenger side console area. Also, a quick note..Dont use the ECU switched 12 volt igntion wire to power the MS, as it has at least a 1-1.5 voltage drop. I used that wire to trigger a relay that gets power from the battery.
-Matt-
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

Usually their is a sensor ground on ECU's. A central grounding point where all the sensors get their grounds. Usually it goes to the PCM.

I just finally got the motor ready to turn over and prime it up. Well I have some issues it seems. I was going to get power from one of the 12 switched 12v at the stock harness, but I can't get power their. It would seem that I have to first power up the MPI relay to even get power their. I don't know. Been working on it to long today and I'm going to give it a go tomorrow. I used the stock O2 harness to power the LC-1 and run the signal for the MS and also a 0-1v signal for a crappy NB O2 gauge that is in the car. Now it won't be so crappy, but just somewhat. Not being able to get the starter to engage is really frustrating me. If it comes down to it I'll rewire the entire car but that would cost me more money and a lot of time that I don't have. I cleaned up the stock harness. Unlike most 6 bolt conversions the engine wiring harness is almost invisible and definitely out of site.

That d*** car also has an alarm in it as well that I don't know how to work. I swear to god of the alarm is what is causing me my grief I'll choke my buddy who owns it.
Jeremiah
Gokart
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Gokart »

Maglin;
Mitsu main relay is negatively activated. The power to the main relay is always on.

what to do?
At the main relay, detect for wire color black with blue stripe. When you connect this to Ground, the relay then activates. Mod this wire so as to be activated using another relay so as to have it connected to gnd when you switch on.

Your stock ecu have sensor gnd where this gnd are actually connected to the gnd through the ecu internal. since you no longer uses that, you have to get it directly connected to gnd by jumping an extra wire.

The wire color is green with black stripe. (refer to pin 24 of the diagram you posted above. The TPS, O2 sensor, Knock sensor uses this gnd point. Not the one that is connected to the chasis.

Are you doing the wiring yourself?

Let us know if you need more help. I'll try whatever possible to have your car up and running. Unfortunately, I can't reach my car for I broke my leg for no apparent reason and is pinned to my bed should there be any need for me to get into my own car.... bless me.

However, not to worry, I have wide experience in mitsu wirings and most of them are inside my head.
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

Jeremiah- Is your stock ECU still there/connected? If not, then follow what gokart said in his post. The MPI relay is controlled by the stock ECU. The MPI relay powers pretty much all the sensors and fuel pump as well. The MPI relay is basically two separate relays in one unit, one for engine power, and one for fuel pump. Fuel pump is triggered by the white/red wire from the ECU to the MPI relay. You could use the FP output of the MS to power the MPI relay if you wanted to. That would be the easiest to do, providing you didnt remove the entire stock engine harness. As for the starter, since there is an alarm on it, make suryou dont have the alarm's starter kill relay disconnecting the power to the starter. It should be under the driver dash, would be easy to use a simple test light on the starter wire output after the relay, to check if power is getting past that part. You can alwasy test the starter solenoid wire at the starter too.
-Matt-
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

Thank you both. Like I said it was a long day yesterday and I didn't want to do something stupid out of just being beat. I have removed the stock computer and wired in the MS. I put the stock computer back in just to test the power and it doe indeed work.

Thank you for the help. I'm going to check it out this morning and see if I can't get it to work right. I finally got the oil system primed. Wouldn't prime last night. Did some reverse oiling with pressure backward through the oil filter housing and today it caught prime. So I'm hoping to get the power situation fixed and get the sensors grounded. Then I'm hoping to be able to get it started. I hope for my next post to be "It's running on the MS perfectly". We'll see and again thank you.
Jeremiah
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

Good luck man! It would be nice to have another 4g63 running MS2 Extra! :D
-Matt-