MS2/Extra 2.0 bug list (OLD, for REFERENCE ONLY)

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Ballistic wrote:Has next-cylinder mode ignition been addressed?
Not yet. We'll get to it as soon as we can.

Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

UnaClocker wrote:Ok.. BUG REPORT...
In the latest beta (2nd beta), PA0 is no longer working. Not sure if it was working in the 1st beta, I didn't run the engine up to temp to trigger my radiator fan.
Warmup LED is now working, wasn't back when PA0 worked for me.
msq?

I have not changed anything having to do with that, and I'm not sure if James has. In any case, I need an msq to be able to reproduce anything.

I did test using the warmup LED as my tacho output, and that worked fine.

Ken
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

Yeah, warmup LED and FIdle work fine for me, have them both doing the exact same function as PA0 is supposed to be doing.
I'll update to the latest beta (3) and recheck one more time before putting up my MSQ..
Oh, and I think I found another bug.. EGO control, set it to "Simple" and I couldn't get it to do anything. Put it back to PID and it works fine again. Drove it a couple blocks trying to get the EGO control to work, just didn't budge.
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I wouldn't use "simple."

We may remove it from ms2/extra.

Ken
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

Wouldn't..Couldn't.. heh.. Yeah, remove it if it doesn't work. ;) I figured simple would be something more like how MS1E used to work.. Just thought I'd give it a try and see if it made any difference in anything.
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Yeah, it's not that useful, so might as well not waste flash space with it.
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

Port PA0 is working again in Beta 3. Very odd. I'll make sure to test it after each flash in the future, since I'm running so close to the edge of MS's temp limits (Thermostat opens at 207f, if it reaches 210f, the fan comes on.), it's hard to tell just how far past the happy spot it goes when the fan doesn't come on.
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
Gokart
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Gokart »

Beta 4;
It seems that rev limiter will not do the fuel cut. Only spark cut. Even choosing 'fuel and spark cut' will only have the spark cut out but not the injection. There will be no limit if we choose fuel cut only.

I did this on the JimStim and hope that someone else will confirm the behaviour.
Gokart
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Gokart »

Beta4;

Generic Port Settings.

PA0 - Knock enable port does not work....?
I tried that to run a relay and it does not function.

PM2 - Fidle is fine.

The remaining 5 ports are used for other functions.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

We have not changed anything having to with the spare ports since the last beta. It should work.
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

I have to select PA1 in MT for tacho electrically connected to PA0 to get it to work.

KeithG
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Ahh, ok, we may be able to fix that. I'll add it to the bugs I want to check, although I don't know if I can get it in for Thursday.

Ken
msoultan
Super MS/Extra'er

Idle hysterisis

Post by msoultan »

When you select On/Off Valve for the Idle Control algorithm, this code executes:

Code: Select all

if(IdleCtl == 1)  {
  if(outpc.clt < flash4.FastIdle)
    *pPTMpin[2] |= 0x04;             // turn on fast idle solenoid
  if(outpc.clt < flash4.FastIdle - flash4.IdleHyst)
    *pPTMpin[2] |= 0x04;             // turn on fast idle solenoid
  else if(outpc.clt > flash4.FastIdle)
    *pPTMpin[2] &= ~0x04;            // turn off fast idle solenoid
}
However, the input box in MT to select the hysterisis value is greyed out.

I believe it defaults to 5f in the init section of the source, but I'm really not totally sure about that. I just thought I'd double check if there was any reason that the hysterisis option should be configurable even if the user uses an On/Off Valve.

Thanks,
Mike
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

None that I can think of... I'll have to collect all the bugs together again, and store them in one place so I don't lose track.

Ken
msoultan
Super MS/Extra'er

acceleration wizard's TPSdot Threshold value

Post by msoultan »

If I burn and fetch any value of 25 and lower, it will return the same value. If I input a value greater than 25, I get junk back. Looks like the upper limit needs to be defined in the INI or something like that.

I could not verify that this happens in the latest beta because I cannot load the latest beta. I posted my error in the "[ Poll ] MS2/Extra 2.0 beta flashing issues" thread here:

http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?p=163788#163788

I'm really just trying to disable it for the time being so I picked a high value and got a low one back.. doh!

Mike
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Yeah, I'll look at the ini again just to be sure there's no problem there. I thought it might be a problem with the "canned" wizard, but I just took a closer look at the ini file, and it's got a max of "500" which can't be write seeing as how it's a U08.

Ken
msoultan
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by msoultan »

muythaibxr wrote:Yeah, I'll look at the ini again just to be sure there's no problem there. I thought it might be a problem with the "canned" wizard, but I just took a closer look at the ini file, and it's got a max of "500" which can't be write seeing as how it's a U08.

Ken
Now, since we're talking about limits, what is a reasonable value to disable it? I would like to disable it altogether while I'm tuning. Before I could change it to 40 v/s, but now it's a different scale so should 25 %/s be enough to disable it. Seems like I was still able to trigger it on the stim...

Thanks,
mike
bstruble
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by bstruble »

It looks like an integer number divided by 10 to get 25.5 as a max. I saw the same thing, but 25 will essentially disable it.

Bill
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Yeah, that threshold should probably not be a "U08" either, I'll see how hard it is to change it to an unsigned int (U16).
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

UnaClocker wrote:Port PA0 is working again in Beta 3. Very odd. I'll make sure to test it after each flash in the future, since I'm running so close to the edge of MS's temp limits (Thermostat opens at 207f, if it reaches 210f, the fan comes on.), it's hard to tell just how far past the happy spot it goes when the fan doesn't come on.
Strike that. It does not work. Makes no sense to me, I did my normal test procedure. Set it to turn on if coolant is greater than 0. It came on as soon as I hit burn. Set it to 208 like I normally do and proceded along my way. Sitting in 90f weather in traffic yesterday, I smell coolant. Look over at the laptop and it's pegged at 215, check my dash gauge and it's climbing past the comfort zone. I'm using the exact same settings on Fidle and the warmup LED. Both of them work exactly as they should. I have the fan running off the Fidle lead right now.
That PA0 port has been one problematic port..
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage