quick update on next beta

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Alright, due to the business of this weekend, and of last week, I'm way behind in posting the next beta.

I *believe* I have fixed the distributor timing issues, the timing was holding steady on an engine, and on the scope at Spectre's headquarters.

I've also got that fix in for PID lockout on idle speed control.

I'm going to do a quick release without fixing any other bugs in the next day or two, then I'm going to focus on fixing all the known bugs.

I'd also like to get a few more features from ms1/extra ported over while I'm at it, but not until the bugs are all fixed.

I also plan on adding an extra feature to the MAP sampling code to make it so you can sample closer to the "next" tach event instead of sampling right after the "previous" one.

Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I could probably set up something to output the "fuel" teeth, and then let the user pick the "sample" teeth.

That'd be easier than what I had in mind anyway, but wouldn't work for everyone (distributor for example).

Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

alright, turns out part of the dizzy problem is still there, along with another dizzy problem that's even worse.

It might take a little longer to fix then I thought, so I'm going to hold off on the next beta until I'm pretty sure it's fixed.

Ken
Jon k
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Jon k »

muythaibxr wrote:alright, turns out part of the dizzy problem is still there, along with another dizzy problem that's even worse.

It might take a little longer to fix then I thought, so I'm going to hold off on the next beta until I'm pretty sure it's fixed.

Ken
d*** that sucks - good luck with it!

I want to test MS2/E on my car but I am hesitant as I definitely need over boost protection!

Keep us updated as usual
1992 BMW 525i M50 Non Vanos 24v Turbocharged
Stock COP Wasted Spark
MS2/E v3
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

Ken,

Is this issue combined with what I was seeing as well with the time after spark feature?

KeithG
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Keithg wrote:Ken,

Is this issue combined with what I was seeing as well with the time after spark feature?

KeithG
If you were testing dizzy mode, you could've been seeing this issue instead of an issue affecting your setup.

The issues don't happen using wheel decoder.

Ken
Mars
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Mars »

Ken,

Don't know if this will help.
Setup = basic trig.
Trigg angle = 13
input capt. = falling edge
spark out = Going High
no prediction
std. dwell

Car is 5.0L Ford w/TFI. The Engine fall on its face at about 3100 to 3200 and i can't get past it feels like the rev limiter is on... notice the rpm peaks. I took out the spark out jumper going to the TFI module and now can rev as far I want too. Of course I also have no advance either...

Ed
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

It looks like when dwell crosses the edge of the input signal that's not supposed to be getting used, it gets lost until it finishes crossing that point. That's what I saw on the scope last night.

That leads me to think that the input capture settings are not correct for normal dizzy mode.

Ken
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

Well, I was using dizzy mode to see the spark output signal as I do
not have a Jim Stim. It sure looks like and feels in my car like what
Ed sees with Dizzy mode, but I am running it in 36-1w/second trigger.

From the testing I was running in Dizzy mode the other night, the
spark line goes to 0V when it hits a certain RPM and that RPM seems to
be linked to the length time after spark that I want it to hold the
spark line down. If this has nothing to do with generic wheel mode, I
dunno what to say. Just trying to help.

KeithG
It looks like when dwell crosses the edge of the input signal
that's not
supposed to be getting used, it gets lost until it finishes crossing that
point. That's what I saw on the scope last night.

That leads me to think that the input capture settings are not correct for
normal dizzy mode.
Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Unless something was broken very recently, it should not have anything to do with generic wheel mode. I've only seen this problem in dizzy mode.

There is a DEFINITE problem in dizzy mode related to dwell crossing the wrong edge of the input signal.

Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Alright, due to the fact that I probably won't have time to do any in-depth coding until the weekend (busy time at work this week), I'm going to do a release tonight with the MAP fix for EDIS, and the closed-loop PWM idle fixes.

The next beta after that will contain at least the distributor fixes, as well as any other fixes I have time to do.

Ken