? about MSQ Upload

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

? about MSQ Upload

Post by Maglin »

Well I've finally gotten around to doing some boosted runs on the MSII and I've noticed that I'm pretty much only running up to 60 VE at 30 PSI. My WBO2 is showing I'm good at 10.5:1 which is actually probably even richer. So I have to more than double my required fuel for it to be more normal. So I got to thinking.

I've been just saving and uploading my MSQ between new alpha and now beta flashes. I think I started from 6/17 alpha. Last night I flashed the MS about 12 times and even tried the -dw 500 option and watched my proc load and it never got over 3% so I know I didn't get into any overflows or whatnot. I was wondering if using this msq over and over again that it is actually writing stuff in wrong places. I'm pretty much about ready to start totally fresh but was just wondering if that could be the cause before I go and spend a bunch of time rebuilding my MSQ from scratch.

Also is their any way to verify the flash on the MSII with the .s19 to ensure something isn't getting written wrong pretty much every flash.
Jeremiah
93 5.8 LX Mustang - MSIIextra
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo - MSIIextra
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

IF you use the batch file, it verifies when it reflashes. Just check the messages on the terminal when it's verifying.

Ken
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

I know it says verifying. It's just people still are getting bad flashes, but this one in particular seems semi reoccurring. Mine is presistant. Why I was thinking it might just be my MSQ. I'll start over again from a fresh flash and rebuild the MSQ. Their was one time where secondary fuel load was turned on. I've never turned it on. It does seem to act like it's pulling values from 2 tables as through testing I end up cutting VE by more than half. I'm not sure how duel table or secondary fuel and timing load works, but it might be something to do with that.

From what I've read multiply map should be turned on especially for force induction which I've always had on. I do plan on doing some more testing tomorrow. I only hope I can get to the bottom of this if it might be a coding error somehow that is enabled when certain items are turned on. If you would have a quick browse of my MSQ I would be keen to any suggestions before I start testing on Sunday. Maybe I just kept overlooking something simple.
Jeremiah
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I don't think the msq problems you're having have anything to do with a bad flash.

Most likely you need to do what you're about to... recreate the settings from scratch.

Ken
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

I d/led and flashed Beta5 today. Completely rebuilt the MSQ except for table imports. Works correctly now. I also went through review mode and made zeroed fuel tables for the extra fuel tables for the just in case, and put those in all but the VEtable 1 for the 16x16 tables.

On a common side note. I found out that if by chance you didn't click out of the cell in MT and just burned to ecu you could go back to that setting and click into that cell and then click out. The Needs Burned indicator will pop up in MT and then the changes will actually burn into the MS. Strange thing is even if you restart MT and the MS the value will show their but you can still correct it. I found this out today as rebuilding the MSQ is a lot of values to change and a few times I didn't click out accidentally. Opened up the settings again and just clicked through every input cell and every now and then the needs burned indicator would pop up when I clicked out of a cell that I know I changed and maybe forgot to click out before burning. I'm pretty sure that is what was causing me issues before with low VE or high Req. Fuel.

It was running fairly well before with the issues. Now it runs 2x better and smoother. I'm hoping to get some tuning time in tonight to check for any other bugs that I maybe can find.
Jeremiah