Output problems

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

natesully
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Output problems

Post by natesully »

I can't get outputs to work at all in Beta 5. They do not work in Beta 4 either. Basically, the settings have no effect- in my case, my injection LED just stays off until start, then comes on and stays on. It is disabled, but I had it set as a coolant temp controlled output.

Insaner yet, burning the firmware does not fix it. It just does even weirder things.
95 Miata M-Edition, GT28 Turbo
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Haven't seen this one. Are you talking about the spare outputs?

Send your msq.

That's another thing... from here on, if anyone reports a bug, include an msq. James and I don't have time to guess what your settings are; it saves us a lot of time if the bug reporter posts an msq.

Ken
rb26dett
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by rb26dett »

on msefi there is a HUGE obnoxious red message above the text box every time one posts, perhaps you could put a smaller milder more concise one on this site. if you just say such a thing in this thread, it wont see as a large audience that it might need to.

with regards the msq comment of course... just a thought.

fred.
ms2,v3,cop,innovate,mazda fe3/fe-dohc 2l 4cyl with stock 10:1 pistons,4 stock coils,4 stock ignitors,rx7 550cc injectors maxed@6600rpm&17psi,custom everything,holset he351cw turbo,44mm ext gate,nis gtr bovs,nis gtr intercooler,70mm lexus throttle,chinese fpr,10may v2 ms2e alpha code
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Probably not a bad suggestion, I'll have to see how they did that.

I also didn't mean for that comment to be rude or anything, nor did I mean to direct it at any one person.

Ken
rb26dett
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by rb26dett »

pleeeeeeaaaaaaase make it a short one. the benefit is that people may bother to read it. i know i have never stopped to read the entire 3 lines of lances message.

fred.
ms2,v3,cop,innovate,mazda fe3/fe-dohc 2l 4cyl with stock 10:1 pistons,4 stock coils,4 stock ignitors,rx7 550cc injectors maxed@6600rpm&17psi,custom everything,holset he351cw turbo,44mm ext gate,nis gtr bovs,nis gtr intercooler,70mm lexus throttle,chinese fpr,10may v2 ms2e alpha code
natesully
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by natesully »

ARRGH I'm stupid! The middle LED is warmup, not injection!

I sat here for 30 minutes wondering why it always comes on below 160 degrees :D

After moving my port settings from "Injection" to "Warmup LED", everything is good.
95 Miata M-Edition, GT28 Turbo
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

natesully wrote:ARRGH I'm stupid! The middle LED is warmup, not injection!

I sat here for 30 minutes wondering why it always comes on below 160 degrees :D

After moving my port settings from "Injection" to "Warmup LED", everything is good.
Yep, I'm sure nobody has ever mixed those LED's up......uh well, Don't feel so bad, I've done that before too. :lol:

Cheers!! for figuring it out so fast!!

Scott
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

muythaibxr wrote:Probably not a bad suggestion, I'll have to see how they did that.

I also didn't mean for that comment to be rude or anything, nor did I mean to direct it at any one person.

Ken
That was pretty quick Ken.
Jeremiah
93 5.8 LX Mustang - MSIIextra
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo - MSIIextra
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Well, to be honest, it's frustrating to have to tell people to send an msq every time they report a bug.

I want to fix all the bugs, but can't really do that without proper info!

Ken