MS2/extra beta 6 (20070722)

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

muythaibxr
Site Admin

MS2/extra beta 6 (20070722)

Post by muythaibxr »

Time for another beta release.

This one fixes the following bugs:

1) Dizzy mode should work again (this cyl, next cyl, etc...) We hope we got rid of all the bugs, but it needs testing in-car.
2) Fixed bug where boost control being on caused normal-accel to stay on when it shouldn't.
3) Added a user-configurable delay after overrun fuel cut before re-enabling EGO
4) Fixed PA0 when being used as a spare output; looking at the code, there's no way this could ever have worked
5) Made AFR display when the engine's running even if no EGO algorithm is chosen.
6) Fixed time after spark ignition mode, which mainly just meant fixing the ini file to scale the entered value properly
7) TPS accel threshold limited to 25.5
8) Coolant temperature hysteresis allowed when using on-off idle valve.

Unable to reproduce bugs (I tried to reproduce and they worked for me):

1) Fuel cut revlimit not working
2) IN the regular Accel Wizard, It seems to ignore the MAPdot threshold.

Bugs I have not yet handled:

1) Fixes to allow EAE to work with dual table
2) Fixes to allow dual O2 to work with a single table.
3) Stepper IAC initial value does not work yet (should work otherwise though).

Here is the zip file:

http://www.msextra.com/ms2extra/files/b ... 070722.zip

Please post any bugs (WITH MSQ FILES AND LOGS. Good descriptions of the conditions are OK if the logs don't show the problem) in their own separate threads, and I'll add them to the bugs thread so we can keep track more easily of what bugs are still outstanding.

Ken
Last edited by muythaibxr on Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

I only had time for a quick trip around the block, but it seemed as if ignition was working OK.

Stepper IAC idled really high on startup but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to look at it farther.
Gokart
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Gokart »

Fuel cut revlimit doesn't work. (Bench testing with JimStim).

Even with 'Fuel&Spark' revlimit selected, I'm only able to cut spark but not fuel. Selecting 'Fuel cut only' cuts the sparks too but not the fuel.

Sparks retard/cut works as intended.
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

Flashed and runs. Will drive to work on it in the morning. Fan control via PA0 works now, as promised. Thank you. :)
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Gokart wrote:Fuel cut revlimit doesn't work. (Bench testing with JimStim).

Even with 'Fuel&Spark' revlimit selected, I'm only able to cut spark but not fuel. Selecting 'Fuel cut only' cuts the sparks too but not the fuel.

Sparks retard/cut works as intended.
I tested that before posting, and it worked fine on the stim. You're going to have to post your specific config, and more details, or I won't be able to do anything about it.

At this point, if I remember correctly, you're using the test semi-sequential code? If so, you need to use the non-test semi-sequential code.

EDIT:

Just looked at the semi-sequential code, and confirmed that if you're using the "test" semi-sequential code, you will not be able to use fuel-cut revlimiting. However, the non-test semi-sequential code should work...

So, turn off "Enable Injector Sequence" and turn on "Enable Initial Values" and select the number you used for Injector 2 tooth 1.

Ken
Gokart
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Gokart »

Ken,

Please accept my apology.....

You are right, turning on 'enable initial values' does the trick and it works as intended.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Nothing to apologize about.

Thanks for the bug report anyway, you reminded me that we need to get rid of the older way, which was only there for debugging purposes anyway.

Ken
redmist1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Stepper

Post by redmist1 »

Ken any eta on the stepper bug fix? You said it works except for the starting position but isn't that the reference point for all the other movements?
Thanks
Pete
Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

I checked timing out farther today and it seems to be fixed. Yay!

Is the fuel pump not running on key=ON a feature or a bug? Or, have I missed a new setting somewhere?
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I don't think it'll come on unless you have a priming pulse configured for that CLT.

Ken
Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

Aha! I reduced priming pulse to avoid flooding during multiple key on/off cycles.

It is a feature!

Thanks,

Sid
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: Stepper

Post by muythaibxr »

redmist1 wrote:Ken any eta on the stepper bug fix? You said it works except for the starting position but isn't that the reference point for all the other movements?
Thanks
Pete
James worked on that tonight, but I'm unsure if his fixes totally fixed the problem.

I don't have an ETA.

Ken
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

Been running Beta6 for the day now. The Mitsu 6 wire Stepper IAC is free wheeling and gets very very hot with always on. With-out the initial value working it was a hit and miss at start up. Ended up just unplugging IAC and just cracking open the throttle. All the hassle of the stepper IAC I think the PWM IAC is easier and way cheaper to replace. Going to go that route in the near future.

Code runs great. I haven't really found anything except one thing.

The dwell for me is different now. I had it set at 2.0 before and I would run 3.0-3.1ms of dwell. I was cutting out around 16 PSI. Looked at the logs and sure enough dwell was right at 2.16 steady for almost the entire trip. Before It was at 3.0. I don't know how to display battery voltage in MLV so I'm not to sure what the voltage was. It was at night and I had the high beams on. Fans where off. If you might be able to inform me how to show batt. voltage I can go further withit. Plan to do more in the morning with the dwell.

Sorry the log file is to large to post. Once I figure out how to view batt v I'll know more and can post a SS if it might be a bug.
Jeremiah
93 5.8 LX Mustang - MSIIextra
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo - MSIIextra
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I've tested dwell in 3 or 4 different modes now, and I'm positive that there's no bug in the dwell code. Most likely it's the battery voltage affecting your dwell.

I'll see about adding battery voltage logging to the next beta.

Ken
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

Thank you. ended up just putting the dwell back to 2.8 where I started it with back when my MSQ was creating conflicts. Car was a buddies and finally it is good enough for me to let him take it. Only went up to 26 PSI (only 90 miles on the new motor so wanted to be easy on it) and man it definitely left a grin on my buddies face.
Jeremiah
93 5.8 LX Mustang - MSIIextra
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo - MSIIextra
tk_tech
Helpful MS/Extra'er

looking good so far

Post by tk_tech »

heys guys,

i am finally up and running, she's a monster. 351w / 427 stroker
10.85:1
excellent work, i am running a ms2extra Beta 6
2 lc-1's
trick flow heads (twisted wedge)
custom cut cam (Z-cam)
custom push rods
1.71 rocker arms
rhoudes lifters
msd 6a
unilite distrubutor
wilson manifolds 8 injector throttle body (V-FORCE)
venom 48# injectors
areomotive fuel system
moroso water pump
black magic fan

she runs really good for just starting to drive around, could someone look at my log and tell me if the bounce in afr is normal. i just started so any help would help, great job with EAE works great out of the box.

i have one issue not sure whats up with it. i am running my tach from my msd box and there is about 300-500 rpm difference from megatune.

thanks for all your hard work and time.

sean
tk_tech
Helpful MS/Extra'er

sorry imortant info

Post by tk_tech »

i am running beta 6,

set-up
percent baro
4 squirt alternating
8 injectors
port injection *** i am using this because i am using fuel rail injectors under the throttle blades****

seams to be running good should i be running port injection setting????????

i am running basic distributor mode for unlite
5 degrees of advance
rising edge
going high
d14
fixed dwell 50%

right now i am tuning from 1 lc-1, becuase of EAE bug.

sean
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

By EAE bug I assume you mean the one where I'm making it work with dual table?
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: sorry imortant info

Post by jsmcortina »

tk_tech wrote: seams to be running good should i be running port injection setting????????
The setting has no effect, so it doesn't matter. That's why we removed it in MS1/Extra.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Re: looking good so far

Post by MegaScott »

tk_tech wrote:she runs really good for just starting to drive around, could someone look at my log and tell me if the bounce in afr is normal. i just started so any help would help, great job with EAE works great out of the box.

i have one issue not sure whats up with it. i am running my tach from my msd box and there is about 300-500 rpm difference from megatune.

thanks for all your hard work and time.

sean
Sean,

Good job gettin er goin!! What kind of vehicle is this in?

Can you post up your .msq as well?

Thanks!!

Scott