Stepper idle issues

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

We are off topic but since we are. I also saw some really nasty ignition drop outs when I saw RPM jitter. It was before I did a through ground cleaning and I believe I just increased the RPM lags some along with the CLT as it was bouncing like .5*c. Now everything seems steady and not using the ISC. Car is not here anymore for me to test so I'm not going to have him flash it until the next release. Sorry I can't be doing anymore testing. :(
Jeremiah
93 5.8 LX Mustang - MSIIextra
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo - MSIIextra
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Hrmm, any missing that is solved by decreasing the RPM lag factor is likely to have been a tuning issue not a code issue.

Of course, there could be an issue with that wheel mode as well, but since you were able to fix it by changing lag factors and cleaning grounds, I'd say it's unlikely to be a code issue.

The RPM lag factor doesn't really affect when spark occurs, it just affects the RPM calculation.

Ken
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

I think I made peace with my AIS motor. It now starts at about 2,000rpm, which is what I think I set it to. It then proceeds to idle down to about the same place each time. So I'd have to say it's working as designed. Looking forward to some closed loop action. ;)
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage