Launch Control Not working in Beta 6

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Launch Control Not working in Beta 6

Post by Maglin »

Sorry I would have posted this sooner but I'm on a very limited internet connection while I'm moving.

Anyways. I'm using JS11 for the launch control input. It has a 12v pull-up on the clutch switch. Launch control is active all the time. Weather JS11 is grounded or @ 12v. Ended up just turning it off for now. Is their a way to get a gauge for JS11 like we have for AD6 and AD7?

Also. I believe Knock Control isn't quite working right. I'm runnig a KnocksenseMS and it worked for a very short time and then quit working. I pulled up the AD6 and AD7 gauge to verify it was getting the 5v signal. I have it wired to JS4 which I believe is AD7. AD7 was pegged when 5v was applied and would drop to 220ish when floating and 0 when grounded. It could be possible issue with the knocksense but I didn't do any testing with it while running as I didn't have the time. Was thinking maybe these 2 are related somehow.

V3.0 PCB - MSII - Running 2.0 beta 6.
Jeremiah
93 5.8 LX Mustang - MSIIextra
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo - MSIIextra
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I'll check them out if I get time tonight.

If they end up really broken, I'll try to have them fixed for the next build.

Ken
risu
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by risu »

Please note that JS11 is a +5v input.
Tiara Kit Car - MsnS-E
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

What can I use that is a 12v input? Chances are JS11 is dead now then. :(
Jeremiah
93 5.8 LX Mustang - MSIIextra
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo - MSIIextra
Eville140
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Eville140 »

Maglin wrote:What can I use that is a 12v input? Chances are JS11 is dead now then. :(
I don't think you can send 12v directly to anything. That is what the circuit on the right does. Takes the 12v and conditions it so that the MS gets 5volts.
http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra ... m#launchin