CLT Max of 101*C??

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

CLT Max of 101*C??

Post by Maglin »

Is their a way to raise the max CLT from 101*C? I'm running the GM CLT sensor. The car actually runs at 96 and a full boost run followed by a stop light will cause it to get hot and it will max out CLT and of course I only have the temp gauge to go by after that. I think 120*C would be a good max for most people. Anyways. Thanks for any help.
Jeremiah
93 5.8 LX Mustang - MSIIextra
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo - MSIIextra
RickRST
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by RickRST »

it's an 8 bit value, 102 is the max, so that it can go low enough for cold start in certain climates.

Most cars will run more than 102 in certain conditions, but there isn't really any need to map any higher than this. Megatune will datalog above 102 though.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

actually no, it's a 16-bit value. If you recalibrate your sensor it may go higher...

Ken
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

Thank you. I found the data sheet from Delphi for the GM CLT. The standard values are off just a touch but probably not enough to really effect anything. Here is the link to the PDF for others that would like to change theirs for over boiling as it is impossible to test that with water. Guess you could do it with oil though. Right click and save as please. And these values should also work for the GM IAT as it's the same sensor in a different housing and thus the different response rates.

http://www.pe-ltd.com/Downloads/coolant_temp.pdf

On another note. Although the cure is fairly linear would it be hard to add a 4th column to the CLT/AIT range's? Thanks. Guess I could have figured this one out on my own with a little more research.
Jeremiah
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

I have a similar issue, but in degrees F instead of C.. 215f is where mine rails. Seems I spend more time up above that than I usually ever plan to. But I don't intend for my car to get that hot, so I've never bothered to recalibrate the thing to be able to go higher. Now that I have this nice PDF available, maybe I will. It'd be nice if it could just get rolled into the firmware so it's always got support for the full range of that sensor.
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

With default values it's actually 101.5*C which is 214.7*F. I just kept everything in *C to make it easier across the board. I'm always having to convert to *F so I know what the temp is but 100 is 212*F and 0 is 32*F.

It's funny the sensor is most accurate at 125*C which is 257*F if you look at the PDF.
Jeremiah