egofactor.inc file

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

redmist1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

egofactor.inc file

Post by redmist1 »

This is the INC file generated (I think) from the calibrate AFR process in megatune for a LC1 0 to 5 volt linear. This is why my megatune AFR guage and logs only show basically two values. This is with the latest Beta MS2 extra software.
Is this a bug? If not what is the explanation?
Thanks
Pete
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

That looks like the narrowband one... the LC1 one definitely doesn't look like that when I generate it here. In any case, if that's what it's generating, it's not ms2/extra's fault... that'd be megatune. That really looks like the narrowband output though which is the default that comes with the firmware.

Ken
redmist1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by redmist1 »

Thanks Ken. Worse comes to worse I'll just change it manually.
If I am doing a linear WB I should just take the AFR range I want and divide it by 1024 and then add it to the starting AFR incrementing each line by the range divided by 1024. Correct?
Appreciate your help Ken.
Pete
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

You could try just using the "generic linear WB" option, and manually setting the voltages and AFRs....

I've never had a problem with the upload of those settings working, nor have I ever had a problem getting the wideband output to make sense... so I'm not sure what's going on for you.

Can you outline the exact steps you followed?

Ken
redmist1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by redmist1 »

Yep I'll try the Generic WB route. Thanks. Also I also might go with a Lamda display as that, according to some posts, seems to be less prone to odd behavior.

What I did first was change both LC1 outputs to 0 to 5V linear (yellow and brown wires) using the LC1 programmer.
Then I changed my MS2extra ini file in Megasquirt to be Innovate 0-5v Linear.
Finally I went to Megatune selected single WB in EGO settings, went to the AFR table configurator and ran the program selecting the LC1 WB linear option. The download of 1024 entries to the ECU seemed to go off without a problem.
I am not sure that the INC file is changed at this point or if just the CPU is updated. I had read some posts that it was but a couldn't verify that.
I would really love to read the table in the CPU but I don't know how, or if it is even possible.
The AFR guage in Innovate Logworks reads correctly.

This is not a biggie Ken, let me try some more stuff and I'll report back later. Thanks again for your responses.
Pete
efahl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by efahl »

Pete,

After you've done the MT afr calibration, you'll have a file named afrTable.log sitting in your working directory ("car1" by default). This contains exactly the values sent to the MS-II, there should be no need for any changes in the ini files before or after you do this, because those were only necessary with MS-I which reported EGO voltage instead of AFR. MS-II reports no voltages, just AFRs (unless someone has changed something), hence the ini files don't even care that you've got NB, WB or whatever.

Eric
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Ahh, if that's what you did, the inc file doesn't change...

It just uploads the settings to the MS, so it should be displaying properly.

I'm not sure innovate 0-5v is the right setting, the LC1 doesn't follow the 0-5v = 10-20 AFR.

Ken
redmist1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by redmist1 »

Mystery solved! Thanks Ken and Eric. I should be able to just calibrate the generic wb 0-5v and be good to go then.
I'll do it tonight and see what happens.
Have a great weekend gents.
Pete
rb26dett
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by rb26dett »

ummm, if i used the innovate setting, and my afr was 11, what was it really?

i'm curious :-( and confused ;-)

fred.
ms2,v3,cop,innovate,mazda fe3/fe-dohc 2l 4cyl with stock 10:1 pistons,4 stock coils,4 stock ignitors,rx7 550cc injectors maxed@6600rpm&17psi,custom everything,holset he351cw turbo,44mm ext gate,nis gtr bovs,nis gtr intercooler,70mm lexus throttle,chinese fpr,10may v2 ms2e alpha code
efahl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by efahl »

muythaibxr wrote:I'm not sure innovate 0-5v is the right setting, the LC1 doesn't follow the 0-5v = 10-20 AFR.
Correct, for an LC-1 with the standard settings you would select "Innovate LC-1 0.5-1.5 L" from the option list.
rb26dett
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by rb26dett »

the answer is 8.84 (scratches head) and the lowest i saw was 6.64, surely even with the super long dwell and cop, the spark would be blowing out at those levels?

i'm confused even more now.

fred.
ms2,v3,cop,innovate,mazda fe3/fe-dohc 2l 4cyl with stock 10:1 pistons,4 stock coils,4 stock ignitors,rx7 550cc injectors maxed@6600rpm&17psi,custom everything,holset he351cw turbo,44mm ext gate,nis gtr bovs,nis gtr intercooler,70mm lexus throttle,chinese fpr,10may v2 ms2e alpha code