EGO Time Delay for Idle

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Maddog6961
Helpful MS/Extra'er

EGO Time Delay for Idle

Post by Maddog6961 »

I'd like to see this feature implemented in the extra code. It is a feature that allows you to set a delay time for EGO at idle engine speeds. I know my O2 sensor readings are usually lagged at idle due to the exhaust gas velocity and my O2 sensor placement. I think EGO correction at idle would work a lot better if this feature was possible. It would need a field for defining what the idle speed threshold is and then an engine cycle count/delay period for the O2 signals.

I have a feeling this is built into the transport delay function already, but I have no idea how to use it. Could someone explain to me how I might set this up for idle if this feature is already active?
George Carstens
1984 BMW 533i turbo
MS II Extra Beta
http://www.wreckracing.com
karlo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by karlo »

The transport delay function handles this pretty well for me. I'm running EGO correction everywhere as soon as CLT is high enough. Works a charm for me.

Search for transport delay and how to compute it for your engine. My settings for my M30 engine (m30b35 with schrick 284 cam) is:

Transport delay 1: 10
Transport delay 2: 1000
P: 30
I: 20
D: 10

Set Active above RPM to 600 and you're good to go. The actual settings for your engine may be similar, but probably not identical.