Unlocking the middle LED indicator option

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Unlocking the middle LED indicator option

Post by Matt Cramer »

I've been trying out a few things in MegaTune (so far, not on an actual Megasquirt) with the 2.0 beta 6. I noticed there's a grayed out middle LED indicator on the More Ignition Options. I presume that, like on MSnS-E, it makes the middle LED turn on in response to an IRQ input. But it stays grayed out. Is this a placeholder? Or is there some particular setting I must switch on before I can use this?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: Unlocking the middle LED indicator option

Post by muythaibxr »

Matt Cramer wrote:I've been trying out a few things in MegaTune (so far, not on an actual Megasquirt) with the 2.0 beta 6. I noticed there's a grayed out middle LED indicator on the More Ignition Options. I presume that, like on MS1/Extra, it makes the middle LED turn on in response to an IRQ input. But it stays grayed out. Is this a placeholder? Or is there some particular setting I must switch on before I can use this?
I'll have to look, it's not something I added.

Ken
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Thanks!
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

If you want to use that LED for some output, it's under the generic outputs option. I use it simply as an indicator to let me know when my radiator fan is on, for the time being.
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I was trying to see if it could be used for help in finding out the trigger wheel settings for certain cars. It would need to be activated by the IRQ trigger.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Unlocking the middle LED indicator option

Post by jsmcortina »

Matt Cramer wrote:I've been trying out a few things in MegaTune (so far, not on an actual Megasquirt) with the 2.0 beta 6. I noticed there's a grayed out middle LED indicator on the More Ignition Options. I presume that, like on MS1/Extra, it makes the middle LED turn on in response to an IRQ input. But it stays grayed out. Is this a placeholder? Or is there some particular setting I must switch on before I can use this?
It is only valid in "trigger return" mode.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Ok, thanks. I was hoping I could use it with a generic wheel decoder. Looks like that's going to take a voltmeter.