Settings for semi-sequential

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: NOOB Question

Post by md95 »

mewhoyou wrote:I have just assemble my first MS2. I am currently running 4cyclinder sequential system on my ride. Which code should I use? I am totally new to this code and I dont even understand part of what I am reading so I need something which is really LAYMAN english for me. Either that or ya all willing to drop by my place..... stay for couple of nights..... and let me take good care of you while you teach me first hand?? :oops: :oops:

Unfortunately ... i am a dude... :D
What engine are you running? What is your firing order? Typical 4 cyl firing order is 1-3-4-2.. To take advantage of semi-seq, you need to know your firing order, and also the wheel you are using to trigger the MS. With this info, you can set up semi-seq for best running. The most benifits of using semi-seq is when you have larger injectors, and are running 2 squirts alternating. If you run more than 2 squirts, you prob wont notice much, if any difference. If your firing order is 1-3-4-2, then you want to wire your injector banks to 1&3, and 4&2 respective on each injector output from the MS. Now this is the tricky part. You need to know your trigger wheel and at what point in the engine cycle a particular tooth is. You want to fire the injectors before the intake valve opens, no later than 250-280 degrees before the intake valve opens. I've tried all different combos, and have found it to run best this way, at least on my engine(Mitsu 4g63). If you can reference your trigger wheel to TCD of cylinder 1 on compression stroke to a tooth on your wheel, you can figure out how to utilize the semi-code, but that is what you have to figure out. The code will automatically choose the next tooth that is either 180 degrees apart(cam trigger) or 360 apart(crank trigger-will end up being the same tooth, since we fire each bank once per 360 degrees). If you give me more info on your complete setup, i can try to give you some suggestions..
-Matt-
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 420A Turbo- MS2 Extra- 2.1.0 Release
1992 Plymouth Laser RS 4g63 AWD Turbo MS2 Extra- 3.0.3s
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

what car/engine is this going on? What's the igniton setup? Wasted spark coilpack, or distributor? Need some basic info to start...

Oh yeah, unless your a hot chick, i dont want a peck on the cheek lol
-Matt-
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 420A Turbo- MS2 Extra- 2.1.0 Release
1992 Plymouth Laser RS 4g63 AWD Turbo MS2 Extra- 3.0.3s
RdSnake
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by RdSnake »

how do i setup semi sequential for my car?
heres my setup:
1.6l miata
ms-ii v3.0 running latest beta MS2 extra
EDIS
86 Mercedes Cosworth 16V
MS-II v3.0 EDIS IRTB's
1.6L Miata Track car
MS-II v3.0 EDIS ignition
MSExtra
IRTB's
Its pimpin' a crank trigger wheel, baby!!