MS2/extra beta 7 (20070812)

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

muythaibxr
Site Admin

MS2/extra beta 7 (20070812)

Post by muythaibxr »

Changes this beta:

1) Really fix time-after-spark dwell mode
2) Really fix dizzy
3) Make EAE dual-channel capable. This *will* affect many peoples' EAE tunes... Just retune using the same procedure used to tune before. The way it's currently set up should be more correct, and should have better behavior when number of squirts is changed.
4) Added a 0-50% time mask for MAP sampling, you can now tell the code to sample between 0 50% of the way to the next tach event. The setting is located on the same dialog as the lag factors.
5) Some code rearranging (mainly creating functions to run out of main so we can free up some space on page 3d). This should not affect functionality at all.
6) Some whitespace/readability improvements in EGO code. This does not affect functionality.
7) Removed "test" method of doing semi-seqential. Going to make some more changes here and release a beta later this week.
8) PWM idle TPS threshold settable to .1% units.

Please report any new bugs, and we'll check them out, add them to the bug thread, and fix them.

The beta is located at:

http://www.msextra.com/ms2extra/files/b ... 070812.zip

Ken
Last edited by muythaibxr on Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wuffwaff
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by wuffwaff »

Hi,

is it possible to use dual-wide-band to control both cylinderbanks seperately, one VE Table and EAE now?

Thanks,

William
MS-II extra v.2.1.0, 2xLC-1, EDIS-8 on a 3.9l 260 bhp Rover V8 in a Westfield.
rb26dett
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by rb26dett »

awesome work guys! i wish i was at home to try it out and see the difference it all makes.
ms2,v3,cop,innovate,mazda fe3/fe-dohc 2l 4cyl with stock 10:1 pistons,4 stock coils,4 stock ignitors,rx7 550cc injectors maxed@6600rpm&17psi,custom everything,holset he351cw turbo,44mm ext gate,nis gtr bovs,nis gtr intercooler,70mm lexus throttle,chinese fpr,10may v2 ms2e alpha code
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

wuffwaff wrote:Hi,

is it possible to use dual-wide-band to control both cylinderbanks seperately, one VE Table and EAE now?

Thanks,

William
As far as I could tell, that should've been working already... using a single AFR table, single VE without EAE.

The EAE part I fixed, so that should work now too.

Ken
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS2/extra beta 7 (20070812)

Post by Keithg »

Loaded and ran this morning. Quick drive, no noted odd behavior. EAE needs significant tuning, but we knew that.

KeithG
tk_tech
Helpful MS/Extra'er

dual lc-1

Post by tk_tech »

not everything works,
so far i had to retune ve table, don't know why. i am only tuning with wizard right now.
i tried on dual with two lc-1 controllers, when i power up lc-1's read fine, but after i am have started only channel one reads properly. truck will not run or ideal for more than a few seconds. when in dual channel and or dual ego control.

that is with EAE off, and of coarse i tried with it on.

sean

great work, guys.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Odd on the VE... nothing I've changed should affect that. I'll have to have a look around.

EDIT: Try setting the MAP sample time mask to 0 ... that was how it was working before... default now is 50 as that'll get you closer to the next tach event, which will give better throttle response. That could cause the need for a retune.

If one of the O2's isn't reading properly, that's a new problem as well. I know that worked a while back.

Ken
pettaw
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by pettaw »

yeah I found that with the MAP sampling mask set to 50% there was a significant retune needed, but I persisted with it because it gave a much smoother AFR, much less jumpy.

Great work guys. I have only been idling it and revving it in the driveway but it all looks top notch so far.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

pettaw wrote:yeah I found that with the MAP sampling mask set to 50% there was a significant retune needed, but I persisted with it because it gave a much smoother AFR, much less jumpy.
Did you try setting it to 0 again just to verify that was the cause of the retune?

How much of a retune was necessary?

Ken
pettaw
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by pettaw »

yes I did and it was the cause of the retune. Quite a lot of bins in the lower revs needed quite a bit of tweaking it was running quite a bit rich and quite a few bins needed reducing, by between 7-10 points.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Alright thanks... that allows me to move on fixing other problems tonight! :)
Jon k
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Jon k »

d***, was really hoping to see over-boost protection so I can run this on my car.
1992 BMW 525i M50 Non Vanos 24v Turbocharged
Stock COP Wasted Spark
MS2/E v3
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Well, it'll have to wait until I get a chance to add it.

There's no reason why you can't try this on your car... just be careful.

Ken
rb26dett
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by rb26dett »

and, you already have a valid workable and good solution to use for it. even if its a slight pain... it will work perfectly.
ms2,v3,cop,innovate,mazda fe3/fe-dohc 2l 4cyl with stock 10:1 pistons,4 stock coils,4 stock ignitors,rx7 550cc injectors maxed@6600rpm&17psi,custom everything,holset he351cw turbo,44mm ext gate,nis gtr bovs,nis gtr intercooler,70mm lexus throttle,chinese fpr,10may v2 ms2e alpha code
tk_tech
Helpful MS/Extra'er

retune

Post by tk_tech »

retuning worked fine for me, same issue with VE table at low speeed and definetily idle. if you would like to see the diff in tables i can post. it looks like 10% around idle and 20% at 2100 rpm after that it looks pretty close. i was running really good the day before.

reworking the VE table worked though

sean
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

OK, so we've pretty much verified that the 50% time mask for map sampling is what did it.

I'm willing to bet that with a setting of 50% throttle response is probably a bit better too though.

Ken
Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

muythaibxr wrote:OK, so we've pretty much verified that the 50% time mask for map sampling is what did it.
In my case, values of 0, 25 and 50 did not make an appreciable change. What tk_tech reports sounds identical to what I'm seeing.

The light load, low RPM surge/oscillation is still present at any of those values as well.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

The oscillation/surge I'm unable to reproduce on the bench. Those parts of the table needing leaned out I'll have to do some checking for an see if I can see a difference between the old betas and this one on the bench.

It sounds like the "multiply MAP" option was just turned off.

Ken
Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

muythaibxr wrote:The oscillation/surge I'm unable to reproduce on the bench.
That's not surprising as it's a fairly subtle phenomena.

It is like the spark timing, injector timing or pulsewidth is varying a small amount in that operating range. It's not changing so much as to cause a stumble, and it's not cutting out entirely and causing a miss.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

OK, well on the bench, I was only looking for fuel related surges. I'll check ignition later.