MS2/extra beta 8 (20070818)

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

muythaibxr wrote:Can those who noticed differences when going between different numbers of squirts (ballistic, a couple others) try this:

change between various numbers of squirts, and instead of adjusting VE to fix any lean/rich problems on idle, only change the opening time.

You should eventually be able to find an opening time that makes it so that you don't need to retune VE.
Ken, I've had zero time for testing recently. I'll check it though if I can get an opportunity to do so.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

UnaClocker wrote:How many teeth are on a Neon wheel? heh.. Probably more than 12, I imagine.
Again, that's assuming it's not just something stupid with the sync code. In other words, completely unrelated.

Considering there are plenty of others running other wheels, mostly generic wheels, who haven't seen any miss problems, including myself on 12-1, I'm fairly certain that the base scheduling code at least is problem-free.

I believe there are even others running Neon wheels who have not had problems. There are also others who have not seen a problem with 4G63's (I believe... the miata/mitsubishi 4 slot/tooth wheel, which we use as an 8 tooth). In other words, there are a LOT of people running this code without any ignition miss problems.

I said I'd try to reproduce your problem on the bench, and added it to the bugs list. What more do you want?

Ken
Last edited by muythaibxr on Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Ballistic wrote:
muythaibxr wrote:Can those who noticed differences when going between different numbers of squirts (ballistic, a couple others) try this:

change between various numbers of squirts, and instead of adjusting VE to fix any lean/rich problems on idle, only change the opening time.

You should eventually be able to find an opening time that makes it so that you don't need to retune VE.
Ken, I've had zero time for testing recently. I'll check it though if I can get an opportunity to do so.
Alright, thanks.

Ken
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

UnaClocker wrote:How many teeth are on a Neon wheel? heh.. Probably more than 12, I imagine.
The diagram is on the MS2/Extra ignition page.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

Sorry guys, just jokin around, I'll lay off of it. :) No offense intended.
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

In 4g63 wheel code, i get a random miss/dropout, not sure what to call it..Dont qualify this as something to relate to this beta code, as i'm still running on old test code from quite a while ago..I'll get a drop out on occasion. It feels just like when you are cruising on the highway, and you do a data burn. I noticed the stock tach gauge would drop out as well really quick..The tach is driven by the coil's transistor unit, which is fired by the MS LED's. I just havent had any time to update the code, and really dig into it.. It *seems* to be more prevalant in the 3k+ rpm range. On a 4 hour highway trip a few weeks ago, i would get a dropout maybe every 20-30 minutes. It also went almost 2 straight hours without a single hickup. Odd. I'll try and update to this code and see what happens..could be just a simple reset..esp now since the wheel is forced to resync to a specific tooth. The delay could cause more of a "miss" type feeling i suppose.
-Matt-
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 420A Turbo- MS2 Extra- 2.1.0 Release
1992 Plymouth Laser RS 4g63 AWD Turbo MS2 Extra- 3.0.3s
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

The key here is does it drop out at a specific advance and rpm every time, or is it more time-based. If it's always the same advance and rpm, then it is a much different problem from if it's time-based.

That makes a pretty big difference. Also, try to verify whether or not it's a reset problem.

Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I got the fix done for missing-tooth wheels with < 12 teeth, and it appears to work alright.

I'll get the next beta out tomorrow as there are a few other things I want to get in before that.

Ken