Feature request: EAE disabledduring cranking and after start

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

teg
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by teg »

It would be nice feature if EAE would be disabled during cranking and after a while when engine has started. My MAP fluctuates lot when cranking and makes EAE to jump between 0 and 1200%. Sometimes starting is little bit hard ;)
Opel Kadett C City 2.0 16V Turbo
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

Once you get EAE dialed in, this should be less of a problem, and actually a help.

KeithG

On 8/28/07, teg wrote:
It would be nice feature if EAE would be disabled during cranking and after a while when engine has started. My MAP fluctuates lot when cranking and makes EAE to jump between 0 and 1200%. Sometimes starting is little bit hard ;)
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

EAE does not affect pulse-width during cranking... I update the EAE variables so that after start, it doesn't suddenly cause a rich spike once it does start affecting pulse-width, but it doesn't actually affect pulse-width during crank.

If you're having trouble starting, it's more likely that you need to adjust your cranking pulse-width, and/or your ignition advance (if you're running ignition).

Ken
teg
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by teg »

Oh yes.. it is actually after start which is causing high pw spikes for me.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

teg wrote:Oh yes.. it is actually after start which is causing high pw spikes for me.
Where is your cranking rpm set to then?

I usually set mine a couple hundred rpms above where I actually crank so that EAE doesn't get into a situation where the engine catches, and then it engages immediately, causing a rich or lean spike, making it go below the cranking rpm again leading to a vicious cycle.

So on the 20v 4age, it cranks around 280-300, but I have the cranking rpm set to 500.

As KeithG says, once you get the EAE settings dialed in, it shouldn't have that problem anymore.

EAE should not be disabled really ever due to the nature of the algorithm. If it's fully disabled, it won't have an accurate idea of the amount of fuel on the walls once it's enabled, leading to bad behavior. Even what I've done for crank should not really be done, but I didn't think it was good to have people trying to tune an accel algorithm while cranking.

Ken
teg
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by teg »

muythaibxr wrote: Where is your cranking rpm set to then?
I have 300 rpm.. maybe I should set it littlebit higher..