MS2/extra beta 9 (20070905)

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

I had the same problem with beta 7, it ran so rich I couldn't go above 1500rpm, and I had to hold my foot on the throttle to keep it running at all. I switched to beta 6 and it was fine. I didn't make any changes to my VE tables or anything else either - FYI, my setup is similar to mattd860's (same basic engine and hardware).
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Alright, sounds like I screwed something up somewhere. I won't be able to look at it till tomorrow though... I have some personal stuff I have to get done tonight.

Hopefully I'll be able to find the problem, and fix it in the next beta.

Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I found a couple of *potential* areas where I could've messed up (or the compiler) so all I need to do is reproduce it.

However, since I'm still working for my normal job right now and it's almost 9PM I probably won't be getting any further with it today.

I'm going to spend a large amount of time on Saturday fixing bugs, so this fuel issue will be the first on the list.

Ken
hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

I won't be able to test it until next weekend anyway. working 2 jobs this week.. and haven't seen the GF in a week and a half. lol

thanks for your efforts!
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I've reproduced the fuel problem. With some settings, it squirts 2x more often than it should.

I'll have it fixed today.

Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Alright, I have a fix. Those who retuned with betas after beta 6, you'll be able to go back to your pre-beta 7 tunes.

Now on to other bugs.