MAP sampling

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

rabiddeity
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MAP sampling

Post by rabiddeity »

There was a massive change in the 2.8 series B&G code relating to how MS2 handles MAP readings. I started out on MS2/Extra with the intent to eventually run both ignition and fuel, but eventually tried out vanilla B&G after having some major MAPdot fluctuations. I don't know exactly what they changed and when they changed it, but 2.886 samples perfectly, and I can actually turn on AE again with averaging set at 80. As I have no TPS, this makes the car drivable again.

I can't use B&G for ignition (2 coil 4 plug wasted spark, no distributor) and so I want to switch back to MS2/Extra, but I can't do so if the MAP sampling code doesn't work. Can you pleasepleasepleasePLEASE merge the new MAP/MAPdot sampling code from 2.8 into MS2/Extra??
rb26dett
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by rb26dett »

that was done at some point. the latest stuff has it, not sure when it changed.

fred.
ms2,v3,cop,innovate,mazda fe3/fe-dohc 2l 4cyl with stock 10:1 pistons,4 stock coils,4 stock ignitors,rx7 550cc injectors maxed@6600rpm&17psi,custom everything,holset he351cw turbo,44mm ext gate,nis gtr bovs,nis gtr intercooler,70mm lexus throttle,chinese fpr,10may v2 ms2e alpha code
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

I think it was added around Beta 4.. We are on 12 now.. So it's been in there for awhile now.
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
rabiddeity
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by rabiddeity »

Awesome, thanks guys. Time for me to update...