Problem flashing BETA-Firmware <solved>

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

cguenther
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Problem flashing BETA-Firmware <solved>

Post by cguenther »

Hi,

i was just trying to update current FW to be able to use the closed-loop PWM Idle control.

Followed the MS2-Extra Manual but run into problems with the Timed out reading response - Error. Tried another laptop with WIN95 and REAL Com-Port, no joy.

Found a hint to proceed as follows:
First use FW-Downloader or command-line to load bootstrap.s19, e.g.
C:\Program Files\MegaSquirt\MS2_Extra_Firmware\ms2extra_beta20071104>ms2dl.exe -
r 115200 -c 4 -j bootstrap.s19 (-c Parameter to set correct Com-Port, for this was COM4 due to USB->RS232 Adapter)

Bootjumper must be set!

Thereafter Remove Bootjumper and upload Firmware:
C:\Program Files\MegaSquirt\MS2_Extra_Firmware\ms2extra_beta20071104>ms2dl.exe -
r 115200 -c 4 -j ms2_extra.s19

This did the trick!

Hope this explicit hint will help others. Im pretty shure this was mentioned somewhere "officially", but i was not able to find it in the MS2-Extra-Manuals...

best regards
Carsten
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

If you just use the downloader batch file that comes with the firmware, and follow the instructions on the screen, it should just install no problem.

Ken
cguenther
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cguenther »

Hi,

i followed the instruction on the MS2-Extra Manual page... i was shure i had overlooked something... thanks for the hint... :-) will do some more RTFM in the future... :-)

best regards
carsten
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

TFM is a work in progress.. :)
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
cguenther
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cguenther »

just looked into the mentioned .bat-file. ok, obviously this one should have worked as well, but im not shure if i had used the option "coming from MS2-standard" (maybe during the runs after the first unsuccessful one.. ) as i had 1.0.2 on my MS and thought this would be a non-standard-version as well.

best regards
carsten