EAE and 1 squirt simultaneous

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

EAE and 1 squirt simultaneous

Post by Keithg »

Ken,

You mentioned that you were going to make an EAE change that would help those running less than maximum squirts. Could you clarify this a bit? I know you have heard me struggling with EAE. I am running 1 squirt simultaneous. I do so because 2 squirts simultaneous results in a wavering AFR and RPM. Right now, with 1 simultaneous, it is smoother than stock by a large margin. No deviation in engine tone, it is just happy sitting at 14.7 and idling away. Also with the PID idle control, it does not cycle at idle and that helps with smoothness as well.

Are there any thoughts as to why 2 squirts simultaneous causes problems? My opening time is set at 0.7 and when I switch to 2 squirts, the average AFR is about the same at idle, but it wavers around a bit. I am running Bosch -431 injectors (~350cc/min at 3 bar) on a 2.0L 4 cyl turbo. I want to modify my wiring harness, but have not had the time to do so. I can experiment with rail dampers and other things.

With EAE, I have been able to get the accel side to work really well, but the decel side is always rich during a shift. If I keep the rpms ~ steady and accel and decel a bit, it seems to be OK, it is just on dropped throttle that I cannot get satisfaction. I may have screwed around the variables too much, but I am running single digit added to walls coeffs and am about 20 or so on the sucked from walls. The fuel on walls gage sits at very low numbers <20k. I do not run 'lag compensation' because it feels too rough to me when it engages on accel.

I feel that the EAE stuff is wht I have also had trouble coming to O2 PID values which are 'good'. As it is, I have P turned way down so it does not over correct when it sees the rich slug on dropped throttle.

Comments?

KeithG
6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

how have you got your injectors wired?

perhaps read this :

http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?p=161306#161306
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

I have all 4 injectors wired on channel 1

KeithG
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

The changes I plan on making for those running less than the maximum number of squirts will just try to make some of the numbers more accurate, and make it so the changes to EAE settings are minimal when switching the number of squirts.

Your EAE settings sound very goofy to me.

2 squirts simultaneous might be causing you a problem b/c of when they squirt... you may want to tinker with the semi-sequential settings to see about fixing that.

Ken