Another one runs on Extra 2 Beta 16, some questions

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

460stang
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Another one runs on Extra 2 Beta 16, some questions

Post by 460stang »

First about ignition settings with a 93 honda distributer. I am only using the factory 4 tooth trigger wheel and VR sensor.

The Extra manual says I am supposed to run "trigger return". I can not get it to fire up there, just fart and back fire. If I go "basic trigger" with my old angle settings from MSII 2.36 which I had running on this engine previously it runs fine. Trigger return allows one more setting which is angle between main and return teeth. I tried everthing from 10-50 deg for that but it did not work.

The manual mentions a process to find that number that involves deg tape on the harmonic and playing with the middle LED, but that was not an option without degree tape for my exact diameter of harmonic balancer.

Anyhow what am I missing by running basic trigger and why does the manual suggest trigger return?

Next, the PWM closed loop idle control works very well. But when active the honda PWM motor HONKS like a ships fog horn. It was worse with MSII when I was stuck with 78 Hz. At 156Hz it is half as loud as it was but man you can still hear it in the car and louder yet outside. The cold air intake made this much worse. Any tricks to fix this?

Thanks.
88 Stang 7.7L Twin Holset Turbos 95# injectors MS2extra
93 Ranger Splash 2.3L turbo 560 hp 33 psi MSII EXTRA 3.0.3,
81 5.0L TT mustang 440hp 10 psi MSextra,
93 Honda Civic B18 MSII Extra 2.0.
90 S10 350 twin turbo MSII
88 350 Procharged camaro MSII extra.
92 Toyota truck 5.0 swap, rear turbo. MSII
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

The only fix for the PWM idle valve is to make the frequency higher... but if we do that, then you'll lose resolution on the valve... with 156 Hz, the valve will only change position for a change of 2%, if we double the frequency, that'll half the resolution to 4%, etc...

Ken