Can extra-release and extra-beta INI files co-exist?

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

fastmonkeywheels
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Can extra-release and extra-beta INI files co-exist?

Post by fastmonkeywheels »

I'm running MSII-extra-1.0.2 code right now but wanted to look at the beta16 code. I downloaded it and ran the copyini.bat. After that I couldn't switch back to my 1.0.2 code in the configuration (it wasn't listed). After I ran the copyini.bat file from the 1.0.2 directory I then could select that but no beta16 was present.

Can these co-exist or do I need to run copyini.bat each time I want to change? This is my first time looking at beta stuff (closed loop idle got my attention).
fastmonkeywheels
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fastmonkeywheels »

I'm very sorry for posting this question. I read through the copyini.bat files and I see what's happening. There is only 1 ini file for the MSII-extra code "megasquirt-ii.ini.ms2extra". I can easily change the name to allow them to co-exist but I'm wondering if there is a method to the madness? Why not included the version number in the ini file's name to allow them to co-exist "out of the box"?
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

they can coexist, create a copy of your "car1" directory and name it something that will help you remember which ini is in it, and put the second ini in there...

Then when you start megatune, a menu asking you which project to load will come up.

Ken