MS2/Extra 2.0 beta 18 (20080105)

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

SimonKho79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by SimonKho79 »

Hi,

I am using Daihatsu 3 Cyl COP Mode.

Tried free revving with no problem. But when I try to accelerate with even a little bit of acceleration. The engine loses power. Air fuel meter shows nothing. Is this the "Spark Drop Outs" which is mentioned in the bugs list?

Only when I release the pedal to below 4% - 6% throttle then air fuel shows me reading and engine running smooth.

How can I solve this problem please? Or is it the coding?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Simon
Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

Here's a breakdown of events:
  • Key "ON" IAC retracts to position "0".
    On "CRANKING" IAC extends to position "65". This is not a number I want.
    Engine starts and RPMs go to 2500.
    After 3.4 seconds IAC extends to position 255 and RPM settles to a nice 940. 65 to 255 steps takes ~0.8 s.
    With the brake "ON," I lug the engine to 700 RPM.
    The IAC adjusts to 252 - 232 - 212 steps with four seconds between each adjustment.
    I release the brake and the RPM jumps to 1150.
    The IAC adjusts to 215 - 235 - 255 steps with four seconds between each adjustment.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I'll see if I can find what's causing that... Can you post your latest msq, or a screenshot with the idle settings?

Thanks,

Ken
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

Ken,

I just flashed this version (was running B17). I noticed that with my PWM Idle settings, I get no 'dashpot' DC added. It may be that my 'closed' position is 27%, but I do not know. So, it acts the same as B17 for me. Other than that, it seems to work fine for me. The 'fixes' compared to B17 were not affecting me but I thought I'd try to be current.

KeithG
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Yep, I'll take a look at that problem as soon as I can.

Ken
Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

I'm using closed-loop always-on:
Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

Edit: I'm getting forum errors. I'll try again to attach a screenshot later.
SimonKho79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by SimonKho79 »

Everyone is getting a reply but not me? May I know what have I asked wrong? Or am I asking stupid questions regarding my application? :shock:
SimonKho79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by SimonKho79 »

Everyone is getting a reply but not me? May I know what have I asked wrong? Or am I asking stupid questions regarding my application? :shock:
spyro
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by spyro »

Ballistic wrote:Here's a breakdown of events:
  • Key "ON" IAC retracts to position "0".
    On "CRANKING" IAC extends to position "65". This is not a number I want.
    Engine starts and RPMs go to 2500.
    After 3.4 seconds IAC extends to position 255 and RPM settles to a nice 940. 65 to 255 steps takes ~0.8 s.
    With the brake "ON," I lug the engine to 700 RPM.
    The IAC adjusts to 252 - 232 - 212 steps with four seconds between each adjustment.
    I release the brake and the RPM jumps to 1150.
    The IAC adjusts to 215 - 235 - 255 steps with four seconds between each adjustment.
thats the problem i had when i first tested the first beta with iac closed loop
on power up the iac is fast but after it takes lots of time for the pid to react at least 1 to 2 seconds
im using a magnetti marelli iac from a peugeot
Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

OK, trying again. These settings are based on some trial and error, and wild guesses.
Ballistic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Ballistic »

I'm getting this forum error:

Warning: submit_post(./includes/functions_search.php) [function.submit-post]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/msextra/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 190

Warning: submit_post() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/functions_search.php' for inclusion (include_path='./m2f/includes/pear/:.././m2f/includes/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/msextra/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 190

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: add_search_words() in /home/msextra/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 254

My IAC settings are:
SimonKho79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by SimonKho79 »

Ken? James? I really need to know the status of the Daihatsu 3 Cyl mode.

i just need a status, and how are we going to solve this together. Not to ask you guys to hurry the coding for me.

There's no reply from either two of you. Made me feel my MS-II ECU wasted. I will be glad to help if you need any help from me.

Thanks. Hope to hear a favorable reply soon.

Cheers,
Simon
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Simon, we saw your message, but James and I have been busy the last few days. We have not forgotten about you, but have not had a chance to look at your issue.

Ken
anthoneus
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by anthoneus »

I'm now using this code, I cannot get JS7 to accept Table Switching. It's a V.3 board. I know the circuit works, if I switch JS7 to NOS-input; Megatune recognizes it right away.

And I am having problems getting JS10 to be used as NOS in. It just won't work. (NOS will be always activated when I select JS10, even when I disconnect all the wires to JS10 or give it +5 or grounding it.)

Edit: I tried switching Launch control to JS10 too, not working. I even tried switching the wire from JS7 (known working) to JS10, nothing is happening. It seems like JS10 is just not accepting anything.

Table switching is just not working at all.

But the strange part is
When NOS was on JS10 is was always active.
When Launch control was on JS10, it's not active.

Best regards,
Anthony H.

Edit 19/1/08: I've put in another processor, still the same. It seems JS10 can only be used as Spark OutputA, it's not accepting any input signal.

Table Switching via hardware (JS7) doesn't work , but switching via rpm, etc, works fine.

JS7 input works fine for other things. (NOS input or Launch control, if selected.)
Last edited by anthoneus on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

We'll take a look.
SimonKho79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by SimonKho79 »

muythaibxr wrote:Simon, we saw your message, but James and I have been busy the last few days. We have not forgotten about you, but have not had a chance to look at your issue.

Ken
Ken,

Thanks for the prompt reply. At least I know that you guys knew my issue and just that you guys are busy. This is just what I needed.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Simon
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Keithg wrote:Ken,

I just flashed this version (was running B17). I noticed that with my PWM Idle settings, I get no 'dashpot' DC added. It may be that my 'closed' position is 27%, but I do not know. So, it acts the same as B17 for me. Other than that, it seems to work fine for me. The 'fixes' compared to B17 were not affecting me but I thought I'd try to be current.

KeithG
This is fixed in CVS, and will be fixed in the next beta.

Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Ballistic wrote:It's not that the change applied was not large enough, but that too much time elapses between corrections.
You may want to try increasing I... It won't correct if the valve is still moving either, but it shouldn't take seconds to correct unless the I term is very low.

Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

anthoneus wrote: Table Switching via hardware (JS7) doesn't work , but switching via rpm, etc, works fine.
That's because it's not meant to work on JS7, I think the manual has this one wrong. For table switching you have to remove R1 and use that input.

I'm still checking what's up with JS10.

Ken