brand new to writing code +some general output questions ms2

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

preludefan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

brand new to writing code +some general output questions ms2

Post by preludefan »

hi all,

ive been looking around and have become slightly interested in learning how to program my ms and change the code.
my main interest stems from the fact that im an electrican and the gift of being able to computer program will become a valuble asset to me- with things going in the way of home and commercial automation more and more these days, i might look into building my own automation system one day if i have the knack for it!

i was wondering if there are many courses at university or polytech that teach coding in c language?

my other question is, i need quite a few outputs from my ms, to make things easier the car im squirting is a honda prelude si turbo.

i need outputs for:

vtec (future engine transplant)

water to air intercooler pump

cooling fan

launch control

boost control

nos

methanol injection

traction control on the front two wheels and if possible selectable to all four wheels

plus four extra outputs for other stuff

is it easy to write a code so i can select these outputs to switch on at a certain boost/temperature/rpm level/time?

any help and info on the would be great,and sorry for the noob questions but this is a subject that i know nothing about!

thanks for understanding!

mike
boost junkie
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by boost junkie »

There aren't enough output pins on the processor for all of those functions. You need to look into the GPIO board..
preludefan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by preludefan »

boost junkie wrote:There aren't enough output pins on the processor for all of those functions. You need to look into the GPIO board..

cheers will look into it