Wrong AFR readings in MT

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

yeah, it is still pretty close at 14.7 - it gets further off at the extreme ends. I didn't blow up my motor but I wouldn't say it ran very nicely :p
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Even so, I wanted to tune my analog guage off of MT, till I found out they weren't agreeing.

You *can* send the LC-1 serial commands but... That would be a pain. :-) Just go find a windows machine, set it up once, and forget it. Run VMWare or something. :-P It is kind a one time thing.
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.
hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

AbeFM wrote:Even so, I wanted to tune my analog guage off of MT, till I found out they weren't agreeing.

You *can* send the LC-1 serial commands but... That would be a pain. :-) Just go find a windows machine, set it up once, and forget it. Run VMWare or something. :-P It is kind a one time thing.
I take it you're running linux? I guess innovate doesn't suport anything but windows huh - but yeah, you only have to change it's calibration once. :)
6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

Fixed :-)

Don't say I never did anything for the MS community.

Innovate 0 - 5

became

InnovLM1 0 - 5

Generic Linear WB

became

Generic WB (LC1)

It's attached!

enjoy :-)
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

I'm running different things on different machines, but my main laptop for talking to the car is windows - I might not like it, but there is just a lot more software for it. Seems weird in an 'open source' project like this, but it seems best tackled in windows. :-)

6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

And I quote....
efahl wrote:Ok, so it looks like the extra guys are using an old MT version? I added the LC-1 native support about February-March 2006, so there's no reason they shouldn't be using a version a little more modern...

It's in the p1 installer dated 08 MAR 2006, find it here:

http://www.not2fast.com/megasquirt/mt/2 ... _setup.exe

Eric
I just tested this and it is true, and does look a LOT better :-)

Just a little communication break down there... for a year and a half LOL.

Enjoy.
hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

6040solder wrote:And I quote....
efahl wrote:Ok, so it looks like the extra guys are using an old MT version? I added the LC-1 native support about February-March 2006, so there's no reason they shouldn't be using a version a little more modern...

Eric
I just tested this and it is true, and does look a LOT better :-)

Just a little communication break down there... for a year and a half LOL.

Enjoy.
I only started on MS in '07, with the latest MT 2.25 - the error is still there. I don't think we're all that dumb :p
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

actually, it depends on where you download the megatune binary from. I've been using the p1 version, which is why I have not seen a problem, but there are still links around (and I'm thinking not just from the extra side) that point to the older binary.

Ken
6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

hassmaschine wrote:I only started on MS in '07, with the latest MT 2.25 - the error is still there. I don't think we're all that dumb :p
I'm in the same boat as you, and although he probably did make the change back then, it certainly wasn't well publicised! I got my copy from somewhere in the megamanual too *i think* but I can't remember anymore. Either way, the wrong one has been distributed around the place, and this one definitely works as desired. Whether its what is included in the extra installers or linked from the dozens of various places around these sites I do not know...
6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

muythaibxr wrote:actually, it depends on where you download the megatune binary from. I've been using the p1 version, which is why I have not seen a problem, but there are still links around (and I'm thinking not just from the extra side) that point to the older binary.
Bingo :-) We have a winner.
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Eric
Er, how do I tell if I have the "good" one or not? The installer dated 8/06 is the newest?

6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

AbeFM wrote:Er, how do I tell if I have the "good" one or not? The installer dated 8/06 is the newest?
If your installer is called mt225p1_setup.exe you have the right one. Or, if your menu has "lc1" in it, you have the right one.
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

i.e. we can pick Innovative 0-5V Linear and it will map to 10-20 AFR respectively, or we still have to manually put it in as a generic?

6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

AbeFM wrote:i.e. we can pick Innovative 0-5V Linear and it will map to 10-20 AFR respectively, or we still have to manually put it in as a generic?
I dunno about you, but I don't see the letters L, C, or 1 in your post, does that mean they aren't in your menu either? If not, it's old.

I can do a pair of screenshots if i have to...
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

A single screen shot of the right one would be plenty. :-) I'm talking about the TOOLS->Calibrate AFR Table->Sensor Type pull down, which has 16 choices, 3 of which say Innovate 0.0-5.0V, Innovate 1.0-2.0V, Innovate LC-1 0.5-1.5 L

My question is should I select the first choice to do 0V = 10 AFR, 5V = 20 AFR, linear?

Or, am I totally on the wrong page here altogether? :-) Last night I just typed it in as a generic wideband with those settings.

6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

Sounds to me like you have the up to date one.

The older one doesn't have the LC1 0.5 lambda to 1.5 lambda option.

IF your LC1 is as it came from the factory, and you are happy leaving it like that, then you should choose the LC1 option.

IF you want slightly finer resolution and don't mind adjusting the LC1 then you can change it to be the same as the LM1 (0-5v = 10-20afr) with the Innovate software and choose "Innovate 0 - 5v".

Hopefully thats clear enough :-)
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Ah! Ok, good, that's what I did, but I had just picked innovate 0-5v before, so setting it up as a generic was the right thing to do. Thanks!!

hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

6040solder wrote:Sounds to me like you have the up to date one.

The older one doesn't have the LC1 0.5 lambda to 1.5 lambda option.

IF your LC1 is as it came from the factory, and you are happy leaving it like that, then you should choose the LC1 option.
that's just it, that won't work. if you run both the innovate software at the same time as megatune, you will see there is a big difference in how they read - it doesn't matter which innovate setting you choose.
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

Hassmachine,

Interesting. That was what I understood from you. Can you tell us how far it is off at a known (LC1 reading)? Which direction or any other points where you are pretty sure of the true reading? From the code, it appears we *should* be ok, but your report says there is still something not right.

And if you configure a 'generic sensor' with the values from the LC-1 (0V=10:1 and 5V=20:1 - in my case) it reads correctly, right?

I want to get to the bottom of this.

KeithG
hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

I don't know, I could be wrong - it was late last year I went through that. I'll have to hook both up again and play with the settings when I get home on monday.