FP Wire as general relay output...

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

darkstarmedia
Helpful MS/Extra'er

FP Wire as general relay output...

Post by darkstarmedia »

I am not currently using FP relay control (there is another system in place), so I'd like to use this for advance solenoid control... Unfortunatly, FPRelay is not among the list for the general outputs. Any help would be appreciated. I assume that because it is already set up for a relay I could connect it directly to the solenoid, or do I have to worry about flyback when the relay closes...?

Richard
turbo355
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: FP Wire as general relay output...

Post by turbo355 »

darkstarmedia wrote:I am not currently using FP relay control (there is another system in place), so I'd like to use this for advance solenoid control... Unfortunatly, FPRelay is not among the list for the general outputs. Any help would be appreciated. I assume that because it is already set up for a relay I could connect it directly to the solenoid, or do I have to worry about flyback when the relay closes...?

Richard
It already has the protection diode in place so hooking it to a solenoid is fine but you would have to ask one of the coders to work up a special code for you if its even possible i would be interested in this also.
krisr
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by krisr »

I dont see why i couldn't be used as a "spare port". Alot of other ECU's have the fuel pump control as an auxillary control and not manditory as sometimes they just wire them to switched +12V.
Sydney, Australia
1971 Holden Monaro HQ
MS3X Sequentially fuelled 400 Pontiac
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Adding it to the generic ports would require a megatune change.

We could probably create another page of our own for more generic ports, but probably not for 2.0... 2.0.1 or 2.1 maybe...

Ken
turbo355
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by turbo355 »

muythaibxr wrote:Adding it to the generic ports would require a megatune change.

We could probably create another page of our own for more generic ports, but probably not for 2.0... 2.0.1 or 2.1 maybe...

Ken
That would be great if you could do that.