Variable MAP lag vs. "simple" MAP-averaging

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pigga
Master MS/Extra'er

Variable MAP lag vs. "simple" MAP-averaging

Post by pigga »

Hi,
I just updated from Version Beta9 to Beta 21. I always had some trouble with oscillation of the MAP-readings at certain (above all low) RPMs. I reduced this negative effect by tweaking the Map averaging lag value. Decreasing it to "60" improved the drivability a lot. Decreasing it further more made the EAE work too much clumsy.
So I decided to have a try with "Variable MAP lag", but the result was not satisfying at all. Even when I set the variable MAP-lag curve constantly @ "60" the car won´t drive like it did when I used the simple Map-averaging. When I tried this out I also tried to set the conventional MAP averaging to "100" (Referring to the Megamanual this means that there is no averaging at all).
Anyhow...whenever I avtivate the variable MAP lag the engine gets totally lean when I open the throttle.
How does it work? Does the Code overlay those 2 Averaging Functions? Or will "enable" the variable MAP lag disable the other Funktion automatically? Will I have to screw up the whole EAE settings, then?
Has any User experience with this Function so far?
Regards,
Thomas
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I'm removing that feature, as the point of it has been superceded by the new sampling rate change to the code, and the lag compensation feature.

You should be able to set your MAP lag factor a lot higher now in beta 21 than before.

Since beta 9 I believe there have been several changes with EAE itself though, so the EAE settings may need to be tweaked.

Ken
pigga
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by pigga »

Hi Ken.
Thanks for the detailed feedback. Yes, I noticed that there must have been several changes/improvements in the Code (btw: Great work! :-) ). I just wondered, because -logically- constant Values in the "Variable map lag"-Table should have the same effect las the same value set as "Map-lag" Factor under "Lags/Filters" shouldn´t it? So if I understand It correctly, the "variable map-lag"-Function still remained in the code but isn´t up to date so it´ll be removed soon? Well, it didn´t work anyhow...not with Ver. 21 ;-)
So i´ll try to reduce the map-averaging factor...
Thx a lot,
Thomas
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Yeah, I may have already removed the code, I'll have to go check when I get a chance... I probably removed the code but forgot to remove the stuff from the ini file to keep it from showing up in the GUI.

Ken
Maddog6961
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Maddog6961 »

Does this mean that the variable map lag curve doesn't do anything anymore?
George Carstens
1984 BMW 533i turbo
MS II Extra Beta
http://www.wreckracing.com
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Yeah, I took the code out a while ago, and forgot that the curve was still there.

I'll remove it with the next RC build (hopefully last RC build).

Ken