EAE anti-Lag? How does it work?

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pigga
Master MS/Extra'er

EAE anti-Lag? How does it work?

Post by pigga »

Hi @ all.
I´d just like to ask some question.
Today I discovered the Option "EAE with anti-Lag". There is an Treshold and a max. RPM Value given. So...how does it work? Is EAE only allowed after TPS/MAP passed the treshold? How about the RPM-limit? Does it mean this algorithm will only work below this limit? Or only above? I didn´t find anything about it anywhere (Megamanual and whatever...).
Regards,
Thomas
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

it's "lag compensation"

Basically at TPSdot/MAPdot above the threshold, and rpm below the threshold, it'll squirt the maximum number of squirts per cycle during the accel event. The idea being that the change in the amount of fuel that is necessary for the accel event will get into the engine sooner.

Ken
pigga
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by pigga »

Hm, thanks for your reply. After your explanation I realized that I originally got it wrong how this works? I supposed it was a treshold to "release" EAE to prevent the EAE from oscillating. But after your explanation it gives max. accell shot when it passes the treshold?
I sadly must confess that I have not enough background knowledge concerning X-Tau enrichment (and how it is calculated in the MSns-Code). The duration of the Acell Event is definded by the "RPM-Curve" un the EAE settings, right? So...however it works, avtivating this "anti lag" gave a great improvement of drivability! Above all -as you said- the lean tipp-in dissappeared totally and the response after quick throttle movement is much better.
Regards,
Thomas