A Narrow Band o2 sensor question

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

max78
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by max78 »

I found this in the source code of Megatune 2.25 (genO2.cpp)

//static double NBBv[] = { 0.00, 0.44, 0.45, 0.50, 0.51, 1.00, 5.01 };
//static double NBBa[] = { 27.0, 17.0, 14.8, 14.6, 12.0, 2.0, 0.0 };
static double NBFv (int adc) { return 100.0 * (1.0 - adc * 5.0/nADC); }

The values which are not used look good, but the formula not.

Does this mean I have to recompile the program to have correct AFR values or is an other way to load it down? Has anyone a version with correct NB AFR values?
Mouse!
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Mouse! »

Max78: I think you are trying to set it up as pigga did, using a narrow band sensor with the wideband algorithm. I played with this a little after pigga pointed it out, and I was not very happy with it either.

I did not notice that the curve was all that far off, when running in steady state and the tune was right on it seemed to work ok. When I went lean (even just a miss) it would enrich it all the way, and not recover well, causing problems. I am much happier with the NB algorithm where I can control how quickly it responds.

MT will let you specify a pair of points to generate a 'curve' from, but I suspect that is not what you want. I don't know what you need to compile MT, but I know that compiling ms2extra is a snap. Can you just change the default table to your liking?
max78
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by max78 »

Maybe try the wideband algorithm. (there are more options then NB...)
But it would be great to have the correct AFR/Lambda readings in Megatune for tuning.
In Megalogviewer it works after I have changed a file.

I like to use the table switching with a hardware switch, but it doesn't work. I have bridged JP4-pin10.
The pin works if I set for launch controll, but not a table switching.
I don't get a other pin working for table switching. (Beta 21)