Question about logfiles

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Question about logfiles

Post by AbeFM »

If I 'lost sync', even momentarily, would this be recorded in the logfile?

I would like to know if my cam-sensor on a '00 miata is being reliable. My gut feeling is that it is, and if the log-files could verify this (perhaps some status bit) then I could stop building two of every circuit, and concentrate my efforts where they will do the most good.

Hoping to stay focused here. :-)
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.
6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

Good to see you have been practicing that word "concise" that I was telling you about the other night ;-) Well done! I hope it makes the positive difference to the chances of an answer that I predicted it might :-)
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

The logging system isn't presently designed to record fast events like that, it reports that status at the instant your tuning software requests the data.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

What about having a variable that gets incremented each time an error occurs? you could ensure no overflow somehow and manually copy it to rtc and reset it and keep a record there of how many over the last X ms, s, min etc. Some scheme like that just has to work for letting you know if something happened over the last <time period> which for that is all you really care about. If a number is used it could keep count of just how many their were too.

Perhaps each rtc, record the variable, and average it with the last one and zero it? if a short is used the chances of overflow in a clock tick would be pretty low.

Thoughts?
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

It would be pretty easy to just increment one of the "status" vars when you lose sync.

Do you have things set up to build your own s19's?

Ken
6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

I'm guessing he's capable having seen some of his other work, but if not, I have things setup for building s19's of all shapes and sizes :-)

Are you going to give a pointer as to where to chuck the incrementer? or should we/he/I just guess/dig/investigate?

Thanks for taking an interest.
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

I'd have to lay a little groundwork, installing software for compiling it all - I just wanted to make sure something like that was possible. Knowing if my issue is always at a specific RPM or just mostly there would let me know if it was noise or software/software-settings, I should hope.

Solder's question is right in line with my own - before I go tromping on well thought out variables, I'd love a suggestion as to which are open season.
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.