Beta9-Beta21: Change in ASE?

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pigga
Master MS/Extra'er

Beta9-Beta21: Change in ASE?

Post by pigga »

Hi.
It might be an annoying question for those who followed the development of the MS2extra-Betacodes continuously, but the last time I worked with it was some time ago. At that point "Beta9" was the newest software :-) After some (longer...) break I updated to "Beta 21" a few days ago.
I tried the "search" Function but din´t find anything so I´d like to ask:
Was there any serious change in the ASE-Calculation meanwhile? I noticed that I had to change the ASE-Settings quite a lot? As far as it seems the same settings I took over from "beta9" seem to let the engine run much more rich with Beta 21 when ASE takes effect?
In former times, when I switched over from MS1 to MS2 I remember that I hat to increase the ASE-Percentage a lot to prevent the cold engine from stalling. Now I reduced the values to the percentage-Settings I found in my last MS1 *.msq I had saved before converting to MS2....
Regards,
Thomas
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

we might have accidentally fixed something, we really have not changed ASE ever, but there might have been another bug affecting it.

The only thing somewhat related to ASE that I changed (a LONG time ago) was to allow it to do something even when WUE was off.

Ken
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

I know around Beta 15, Beta 16, I finally got my cold starting figured out. Haven't had a problem since. The car fires up like it's on the original ECM, no matter what temp it is. It's amazing. :)
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage