Seriously Weird LogFiles?

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Seriously Weird LogFiles?

Post by AbeFM »

I had a strange issue while driving today, so went to check my logs, and found the max RPM was recorded as 4,635. I know for a fact I broke 7k several times. Checked a log from this morning, the same thing, the RPM doesn't make any sense.

Then I see my throttle never peaked over 31%, pulsewidth stayed below 10....

My AFRs seem believable I guess. "Engine" makes sense and the but % timing error seems off, like it's between -9.9 and + 6.2?

My map stayed below 162 when I believe it hit at least 200.

ETC ETC. Why are my values all recording at ~60-75% of what they should be??

I have no idea what this is. I checked the raw .xls, and ran on two different versions of MLV, so I think it's what's being recorded.

Please help! (b21)
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Update on weird logs

Post by AbeFM »

Well, I went in the car to see how things looked on the screen vs how they look in the logs, and real time all the variables were fine. I took a brief log, with the result that everything looked normal.

Two quick points.
1) Mostly I've been standing the computer by between logs, or hibernating. But today between the morning's weird log and the evening's, I did a full reboot.
2) The RS232 adapter was hanging halfway out of the MS, it's impossible to imagine that making the numbers it digitally reported lower. But it's strange. Maybe ot came loose when I was trying to get my glovebox off to get access to the MS - but it wasn't communicating when I tried to talk to it at first for the above mentioned test.

Anyway - still wondering if anyone has any ideas. Seems like a weird thing to happen.
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.