4-wire IAC Stepper in closed loop moving only

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Red_Baron
Experienced MS/Extra'er

4-wire IAC Stepper in closed loop moving only

Post by Red_Baron »

Hi there,

newbie to the boards! Hope you are all well. Enjoying the megasquirting VERY much, and appreciate the involvement of the developers.

I am trying to get my 4-wire stepper IAC into closed loop mode, I've got the right firmware, and I get the boxes up. When I start the engine it moves to the "cranking position" steps setting just fine, but then it just stays there and does not seem to move over to the target.

On "closed loop idle settings" I can't work out how the "steps" can translate into "%". I use 350 initially to fully open it, then 175 to get it started and around 205 steps is 1000rpm. How do I tell it this??

Confused!

I can't find a manual or any explaination of the settings, so if a manual is in the pipeline apologies for the post and I'll wait. The search button revealed a dozen threads but none really recommending settings, and it still seems like it wants a "%" without know the limits of steps to move within?

Thanks!
Andy