Tacho output on JS0

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Ilian
MS/Extra Newbie

Tacho output on JS0

Post by Ilian »

Hi everybody,

I'm driving with MSI Extra for more then a year. I'm trying to upgrade to MSII Extra Beta 20 and Beta 21. On MSI i'm using the tacho output and it's working fine. When I put on the new processor the engine is working fine but I can't make work the Tacho. Do I need some modifications on the hardware? Switching back to MSI it's working again. I try all the possible outputs and can't make it work.
Opel Vectra 2.5 V6
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

I had tach output on JS0 (IAC1) working on my car at one point. In the last Beta, Beta21, I couldn't get it to work on JS0. I was like, whatever.. And moved it to JS10 instead. I don't know if it's a bug, or just me. Did you set tach out to be IAC1? Did you try IAC2 as well? I seem to remember them being reversed in MT at some point.
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
Ilian
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Ilian »

Yes I have try all the possible outputs without successes. Is this a bug or I have to change the output on the board?
Opel Vectra 2.5 V6
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

It's a bug.
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

I've had Tacho working without issue on JS11 for a long time now, on previous betas, and B21.

I'm having another issue with JS0, though, perhaps it's related. See this thread:
http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?p=181921#181921

I can't go into more detail yet, I'll wait till I'm asked.
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I'll probably be taking a look at this soon. For now please start up hyperterm with 115200 8 n 1 settings, and get the config error string. That'll help us find where the problem is, or if it is even a problem.

Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: Tacho output on JS0

Post by muythaibxr »

Ilian wrote:Hi everybody,

I'm driving with MSI Extra for more then a year. I'm trying to upgrade to MSII Extra Beta 20 and Beta 21. On MSI i'm using the tacho output and it's working fine. When I put on the new processor the engine is working fine but I can't make work the Tacho. Do I need some modifications on the hardware? Switching back to MSI it's working again. I try all the possible outputs and can't make it work.
For the tacho out to work on JS0, you need to set it to output to "IAC2"

I just tested that configuration now, and it seems to work.

Ken