After Update to RC1 wrong / to low RPM display in Megatune

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

cguenther
Helpful MS/Extra'er

After Update to RC1 wrong / to low RPM display in Megatune

Post by cguenther »

Hi!

After working on Beta 16 since a few weeks and setting up the cars parameters just fine i decided to go into this PWM-Idle-Thematic. Idle is at ~ 1250 with automatic-transmission on P/N, decreasing to ~850 RPM with transmission set to "D"rive. Cars Tach is driven directly by the EDIS-6 module. I#m working with an emission 4-gas tester to have a few more values to tune with.

however, everything _was_ fine, RPM's indicated on megatune were similar to the RPM indicated by the VDO-tach and the emission-tester, maybe off by 50 RPM, however very steady :-)

After updating to RC1 the RPM's indicated by Megatune are now (steady) at ~ 850 RPM, while the EDIS-driven tach shows ~ 1250 RPM as well as the external tester, which is picking up revs from ignition-cable #1. the offset remains the same, doing ~ 2000 RPM on the tach and on the tester, Megatune shows ~ 1600 RPM.

I already flashed the beta used before, but no change, RPM in megatune are still to low. i looked through some parameters but as these were'nt touched before i dont have any clue what is causing this strange behaviour.

EDIS-6, standard 36-1 trigger-wheel, rising edge, inverted.

does someone has a quick idea? :-) as correct RPM's are somewhat "basic" - im stuck at the moment, hopefully someone can help...

thanks in advance!

best regards
carsten
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

sounds like maybe the false trigger stuff is causing you a problem. Unfortunately, off the top of my head I don't remember where those settings are. I think they're in the "Advanced" menu.

Ken
cguenther
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cguenther »

Hi Ken,

thanks for your reply. After writing the lines above, i found a thread "rpm halved with edis" where a similar behaviour war described.

you might believe it or not - going to the garage with this in mind, starting Megatune - everything was ok, without any interaction - black magic.. :-)

however, i lowered the value in the flase trigger stuff from 25% to 15% - just as a precautionary measure :-)

thanks for your assistance!

best regards
carsten