Does anyone know what to do about outputs?

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Does anyone know what to do about outputs?

Post by AbeFM »

In places the outputs are mislabled in software. I'm trying to get my boost control working on JS0 while another generic output on JS2.

Does someone know how to make this work? I get configuration errors when I start up with this, though I can set it with the car running at it's fine.

Thanks.
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.
6040solder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 6040solder »

I just checked the docs for the obvious (sorry) and can confirm that those are two separate IAC channels, not the inverse of each other. I know you knew that, but sometimes when things are like this we all question our sanity :-)
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

I was unable to get JS0 or any of the IAC's to do anything for me as a generic output in Beta21. I haven't tried RC1, I kinda didn't like the sound of a 3,000rpm rev limit.. I was just going to wait for RC2.
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Well, they work, but they are wrong. :-)

I've been using JS3 as an output for a long time and it's been working (except a buck when it turns on - which I assume to be a flyback issue).

Both outputs work, but when I turn on the MS it throws an error.

milesinfront
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by milesinfront »

I've found that IAC1 is JS2 and IAC2 is JS0... I'm running Beta20071020.
-1988 325is BMW M52B28 - > MS2 Extra n Spark (60-2 Wheel, Wasted COP, Single VANOS)
-2004 Opel Corsa C / Holden Barina Z18XE - > MS1 Extra n Spark (60-2 Wheel, Wasted COP)
-1976 Triumph Dolomite Sprint Race Car -> MS1 n 'EDIS'd
-1984 C1 2.3 Alpina -> MS2 Extra n Spark (60-2 Wheel)
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

This is the trouble with threads with all the information posted in the begining being ignored. You spend ALL your time repeating your information time and time again.

I know the outputs are reversed - and I've been using them that way.

What's weird is I have:
IACA
IACB
JS11
FIdle

for choices on electronic boost control. Is anyone actually using these? Do they work?

Either IACA or IACB has no effect, but IACA conflicts with my output port setting of IAC1 (which is really IAC2).

We need a huge table of what the software settings say and what they mean, so someone can write a utility where you could put in what you mean into a computer and it could type in the correct well known errors into MT so they end up right in the car. :-)

ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Thats the same problem I'm having. I just got my MS2 V3 built and running on the stim. I want to run a single stage of NO2 on IAC1 and electric fan control from IAC2. I had it all working with a mulitymeter but struggled to get there. I had it working for a minute. Shut it all down went ate dinner came back and couldn't get the ICA2 or is it realy IAC1..? to work right with CLT changes. But IAC1 or is it IAC2.. works the NOS control just fine. Maybe I need to disable IAC2/PS3 and set the fan up for IAC1/PS0 and try that. Frustrating when it works one sec then not the next. Later.. Ryan
milesinfront
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by milesinfront »

In regards to controlling the fan I found that the logic symbols are backwards too. I had to set CLT < 90 to get the fan to come on over 90 degrees...

Might help...
-1988 325is BMW M52B28 - > MS2 Extra n Spark (60-2 Wheel, Wasted COP, Single VANOS)
-2004 Opel Corsa C / Holden Barina Z18XE - > MS1 Extra n Spark (60-2 Wheel, Wasted COP)
-1976 Triumph Dolomite Sprint Race Car -> MS1 n 'EDIS'd
-1984 C1 2.3 Alpina -> MS2 Extra n Spark (60-2 Wheel)
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

us the other side of the IAC port. b instead of a. I think you can also change the trigger value from 1 to 0 or the other way around but not both, you could end up back to where you started. Later, Ryan

I changed the my port to IAC1 in port settings and it worked. IAC2 is the first stage of NOS.
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Since I put most of my outputs through an inverting output, I tend not to worry about the sign too much. :-) But it's easy to switch both the on-state and the triggered state, so I just make them fit.

He's right though, for each channel, A and B are opposites, so you could move over one wire if you want it to work.

ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Well I thought I had it licked.... I get config errors when I put power to the stim. with the laptop hooked up. What needs to be changed to get both IAC ports working independent of eachother? Like mentioned above all works fine with once set but won't if you cycle the power to MS. How do we fix it? Later Ryan.