EAE RMP-Correction question

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pigga
Master MS/Extra'er

EAE RMP-Correction question

Post by pigga »

Hi.
I´m still using Beta 21 on my car. At high RPM I had some trouble with jitter of the map-signal. This influenced the EAE and made it even that worse that the car didn´t accellerate in a proper way (because MS was intermediate leaning out the engine). When switching back to standard AE this erratic behaviour went away.
To solve this problem I decided (for testing) to set the RPM-Correction curves for SOW and AW to "0" above some RPM-setpoint. When I did this, I noticed, that under some conditions when lifting the throttle, the Car ran really really lean (Lambda 2,33!) and it took several seconds until the MS went back into normal operation. I wondered about this, because when I set the RPM correction curve to "0", shouldn´t there be any EAE in this RPM range at all? Or am I still misundersanding something basic about how EAE works?
Regards,
Thomas
pigga
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by pigga »

Just me again: Putting RPM sucked from wall correction to "0" makes the car run totally lean. Maybe anyone could try to reproduce this? In my eyes this is weird because "0%" correction means there should be no correction at all. Maybe it´s some register overflow?
hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

if you only set it to 0% on the sucked from walls side, you are throwing the equation out of balance if you don't also set the added to walls side to 0%.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

You should never set a correction to "0%"

If you don't want any correction on RPM, set it to "100%" or better yet, fix the MAP jitter.

Ken