Just installed 3.0.3h (20090912) on my Microsquirt, and reapplied my 3.0.3d tune, which had been running pretty well. Everything still looks correct in TunerStudio, but I am now seeing 800% or more fuel load just turning on the key (not yet started). And, yes, it really is trying to inject that much fuel. Flooded to death.
The application is a 1982 Yamaha SECA 750 - air cooled four cylinder eight valve motorcycle. I'm using a 36-1 wheel for CPS, and a single throttle body with four pipes going to the four cylinders. Port injection. Tune attached.
Please let me know if you have any thoughts about what's happening here. I'll keep poking around to see what I find.
OK, found the problem. Pre-upgrade, my realtime baro sensor was configured for "SpareADC", but, after upgrade, this is not an option, and MicroSquirt is no-longer reading the 2nd MPX4250 at all. I can run currently by switching to "Initial MAP reading" for baro comp, but how can I re-enable the 2nd sensor?
OK, got that figured out... apparently SPAREADC is now MS2 AD6/JS5. Baro sensor is working again.
However, I still have two other problems from the new code:
1. My narrow band sensor is now only reading .18 or .38 volts, regardless of anything else. I did recalibrate AFR, but that didn't help.
2. Something definitely changed in close-loop idle. I now have to set the idle adder to 3000 RPM (it was 300) to ensure that the valve doesn't stay pegged at about 75%. With the high value of adder, CL works OK. Without it, the idle stays up at 3200 RPM or so.
Seems the CL PWM problem is that the IAC now goes to cranking % when above target+adder RPM. My setup requires a decent amount of extra air during cranking, in order not the have to crack the throttle when starting. With the current code set, though, this is unworkable, because the cranking % value for IAC results in way too high of an idle. I've reduced the cranking percentages and put the adder back at 300, and that's OK except that now I have apply throttle during cranking. Please let me know why the change was made and if there's some other way I could be setting this up now to not have to compromise.
The EGO issue is still there, though, and it's really annoying. I was hoping to use the narrow band for some of my tuning today.