MS2extra 3.1.1 anti lag code

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

baldur
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: MS2extra 3.1.1 anti lag code

Post by baldur »

I tried it on a car last week which came in second place in its class in a national rally event last saturday. It works well but I found one bug, that the two analog pins don't work as inputs to enable it (because the digital pins are disabled by default on the port) but I plan to extend it further, I just don't have any ECU in my lab to test with right now, need to buy one.
Baldur Gislason
Southcross
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Southcross »

I'm very interested in this, and I haven't read all the details as of yet, but what features were sacrificed for space for the Anti-lag code? I can't sacrifice a running car for testing this until show season ends (end of August), but I'll give this a try as soon as I can!
MS2 v3.57 w/ MapDaddy Option (Thanks DIYAutoTune!)
1979 Volkswagen Dasher (aka Mr Hanky) Drag Racing Project
Munkul
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Munkul »

Firstly, Baldur you're a legend!

Secondly, I didnt quite understand that exchange about using the LC switch for ALS instead... I have mine set up for LC in the same way as in RickRST's diagram. So it will be ok to use as the ALS trigger with no further changes to the board?

cheers
Matthew
baldur
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by baldur »

No features were sacrificed but that may change if I decide I need more space for something. And Munkul, no changes needed.
Baldur Gislason
craigb244
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by craigb244 »

*bump* :)
m3ltd0wn
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by m3ltd0wn »

hope this goes in future official releases, it is too good to be true :yeah!:
david impreza gt
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by david impreza gt »

Hello

ALS for new realease 3.2.4?

Thanks
botasjr
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by botasjr »

something im missing....

i cant have als / spark retard with my tune on the stim
im using a low imput like the used for launch control on js4,
the js4 imput is working, because if i eneble the launch control on js4, it work, then i disable LC, and enable ALS on js4 and nothing happens.
i have tried js5 too

see my msq
mrx79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mrx79 »

@Baldur or someone else with a working development tool
Can someone implement this in the current release or beta release?

i would like to upgrade soon to a newer software and would be pleased to have ALS.

Thanks very much in advance.
Honda CRX B16A1 Turbo | MS3 running | pre1.5.1 beta7 Firmware | 24/1 Dual Wheel | COP ignition | 725cc ID injectors
vlad_rally
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by vlad_rally »

A bit of help please, i will use this Als feature with manualy driven idle valves and bypass valve for a 2 stage antilag, and canot understand exactly the tps swich, if i want the ALS to work between 0% and 30% TPS when swiched on (hardware), how do i write in tuner studio this ? it's a bit confusing... Thanks in advance, and offcourse thanks allot for this feature in ms2 !
Vlad Pescaru
vlad@jpr.ro
facebook.com/JPR-Engineering-1401189803454787/
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by jasaircraft »

Baldur your r da man!

Could we pleeease see a cyclic idle feature so we can keep the throttle plate open to bypass air?
This would be usefull for group N rally cars and also lets you forget about bypass valves, kicker solenoids, etc.

Yes the thermal protection would be great!

thanks again!!! :yeah!:
baldur
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by baldur »

The settings work as such, the minimum TPS setting is the throttle angle at which the anti lag spark retard is fully active, the maximum TPS setting is where the spark retard is fully deactivated, this is for a smooth transition out of anti lag.
You'd typically set the minimum to maybe 20% and maximum to 25%.

If you're looking for cooldown idle with a fixed throttle opening, try setting the overrun fuel cut for that effect, I tried this 6 years ago on my MS1 code and it worked well there, the EGTs dropped fast when activated, compared to running a normal idle.

I still don't have an MS2 board of my own so I don't know when I'll get around porting the changes to a newer code version.
Baldur Gislason
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by jasaircraft »

baldur wrote:The settings work as such, the minimum TPS setting is the throttle angle at which the anti lag spark retard is fully active, the maximum TPS setting is where the spark retard is fully deactivated, this is for a smooth transition out of anti lag.
You'd typically set the minimum to maybe 20% and maximum to 25%.

If you're looking for cooldown idle with a fixed throttle opening, try setting the overrun fuel cut for that effect, I tried this 6 years ago on my MS1 code and it worked well there, the EGTs dropped fast when activated, compared to running a normal idle.

I still don't have an MS2 board of my own so I don't know when I'll get around porting the changes to a newer code version.
Hi Baldur, how should we set the overrun fuel cut to achieve this? When you tried this did your engine idle like the other brand ecus cooldown idle? You know that funky idle sound... prr prr prrr prrr hehehe
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by jasaircraft »

also whats the difference between this moded 3.1.1 and 3.2.4? (besides als obviously)
baldur
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by baldur »

You'll have to refer to the 3.2.4 release notes for that info, I haven't a clue.

To achieve the hunting idle with overrun fuel cut, the settings should be something like this:
RPM greater than: 1300
KPA lower than: 110
TPS lower than: 10 (set this to 2% higher than TPS state when the throttle is at minimum)
Coolant greater than: -30
After delay: 0.0

Delay EGO: 0
Return fuel: 1250RPM
Baldur Gislason
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by jasaircraft »

Today i tried it on an engine that which would normal idle high and it hunts too much I mean its too unstable, apparently because its cutting both inj drivers at the same time.
it works in the fact it wont let it rev up, but some partial or sequenced cutting would be best, I did a short vid, how do I post it? Guess Ill upload it to youtube first
Something else you could please :) modify Baldur, is it possible to have the flatshift function in a separate window on a separate input pin, so it doesnt relate to launch ctrl?
I ask this because I want to have a switch in the upper side of the clutch(brake type switch) for flatshift and a switch on the bottom for launcch ctrl...

This is because having the switch on the upper part(brake type) of the clutch lever normally doesnt work well for launch ctrl because when you start disengaging the clutch and all drivetrain starts connects and starts turning the engine is still cutting and so it bogs down...
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by jasaircraft »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foyT6f48Vo8

sorry for the bad quality... basically i turn overrun on and off
baldur
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by baldur »

Ok, I meant to use it like that if you have the throttle permanently opened, like on a rally car that has no bypass or kicker solenoid for ALS but has the throttle opened so that the idle would otherwise be over 4000rpm. If the throttle is well open, then using the overrun like a rev limiter works a lot smoother.
Baldur Gislason
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by jasaircraft »

Oh ok I will try opening it further more and see if it idles better, yes I have opened throttle plates about 20-30% for rally antilag use but idle is normally quite steady and noisy with you.usual cyclic idle or rotational idle.
Like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow3fETs ... ata_player
baldur
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by baldur »

Yeah it won't be quite that smooth when it's not dropping individual cylinders.
Baldur Gislason