[FW MOD] ms2extra pre3.3alpha5 gslender v2.8

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

gslender
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gslender »

G'day...

I've released v2.8 of the gslender mod which is based on the official alpha release MS2/Extra 3.3alpha5 firmware. Most notable changes are new MS3 style dialog and menus plus some Baro correction improvements (plus all the goodness from all the past releases). For those of you wishing better docs existed, I have also updated and rewritten/combined all new features from 3.2.1 into a comprehensive modguide with easy to read screenshots showing all the new features (about 2.1MB of PDF!).

Firmware >>
ms2extra_pre3.3alpha5_gslender_v2.8_a.zip

Doc Link >>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12773711/v2.8_ ... dguide.pdf

Source>> (tba)

Enjoy
G :yeah!:
Last edited by gslender on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazda MX5 + MS3 Pro
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: [FW MOD] ms2extra pre3.3alpha5 gslender v2.8

Post by JoseMiguel »

I was waiting for this... Thanks g

Ill be testing it in both my cars in a few minutes
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JoseMiguel »

Ok, firmware ready in the first car... my first thoughts

1... for some reason, im still having issues with the TPSdot noise filtering. Its very strange though. TPS gauge and real time view is smooth as heaven. When TPS is closed, you can see it at strict zero. If i disable the TPS smoothing option, car works fine. No Accel Enrich false triggers. As soon as I enable it, everything goes to hell. I get lots of false TPS accel enrich triggers (although I see the TPS gauge and it does not move even a bit). I have to set change % to 3 and reset DOT to 150 to make it smooth again.

2... Idle voltage compensation works well for me. I enabled it and was able to "tune" it without a problem. Later, I went back to retune it and the table is showing something strange (see the screenshot im posting). The green marker that shows where the current voltage is shows 0 (although you can see the voltmeter at the right showing 13.6 volts. The marker wont move whatsoever so Im guessing it is stuck in the lowest bin of the table.

Again, thanks for the great work. The afsterstart spark issue is effectively gone :) it makes up for much more healthy startups :)
gslender
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gslender »

JoseMiguel wrote:Ok, firmware ready in the first car... my first thoughts

1... for some reason, im still having issues with the TPSdot noise filtering. Its very strange though. TPS gauge and real time view is smooth as heaven. When TPS is closed, you can see it at strict zero. If i disable the TPS smoothing option, car works fine. No Accel Enrich false triggers. As soon as I enable it, everything goes to hell. I get lots of false TPS accel enrich triggers (although I see the TPS gauge and it does not move even a bit). I have to set change % to 3 and reset DOT to 150 to make it smooth again.
I would need to see your MSQ file to know.
JoseMiguel wrote: 2... Idle voltage compensation works well for me. I enabled it and was able to "tune" it without a problem. Later, I went back to retune it and the table is showing something strange (see the screenshot im posting). The green marker that shows where the current voltage is shows 0 (although you can see the voltmeter at the right showing 13.6 volts. The marker wont move whatsoever so Im guessing it is stuck in the lowest bin of the table.
This due to you using Adaptive voltage and not just regular voltage correction. Read the modguide as both are explained in the book I wrote !!
JoseMiguel wrote:Again, thanks for the great work. The afsterstart spark issue is effectively gone :) it makes up for much more healthy startups :)
Cool. Glad to see you're another Mac OSX user like me.... I think we need to both badger Phil to better support the OSX as MLV and TS seem second class citizen on this platform!!

G
Mazda MX5 + MS3 Pro
Twistedmetal
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Twistedmetal »

Jesus man, I just updated to 2.7 two days ago after almost two years of using 3.1.0, now I have to update again! :|

The new code has changed my motor considerably, much smoother, better idle, love it.
MS3X v3 w/Ford IAC mod running MS3 1.41
Sig PIP TFI trigger with direct coil control, 60# highZ injectors
91 Ford Mustang, modified 5.0, 70mm turbo @ 11#s
gslender
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gslender »

Twistedmetal wrote:Jesus man, I just updated to 2.7 two days ago after almost two years of using 3.1.0, now I have to update again! :|
If that's the only thing you get upset at me, then I'll take it.... Users not finding bugs and just wishing I didn't release new stuff so often is cool. 8)
Twistedmetal wrote: The new code has changed my motor considerably, much smoother, better idle, love it.
Well, try the new version, check out the new features documented in the modguide and see where it takes you !

I love to hear feedback (good and bad) so keep it coming :yeah!:
Mazda MX5 + MS3 Pro
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Grant,

I see that you have changed the menu to make them more MS3-like. I haven't gone through them but can you tell me if this is 'just' an ini change or are there also changes to some of the parameters (other than those needed by your code changes)?

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
gslender
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gslender »

racingmini_mtl wrote:Grant,

I see that you have changed the menu to make them more MS3-like. I haven't gone through them but can you tell me if this is 'just' an ini change or are there also changes to some of the parameters (other than those needed by your code changes)?

Jean
Just an ini change, and after playing with MSLogger (with its INI parser) I've found a few bugs that don't cause issue for the ECU or TS, but technically need to be fixed to ensure there isn't left over dialogs and menus not being used... just some clean up stuff.

But yeah, all the changes are ini based. I also have an ini update for the plain Alpha5 that James/Ken have to consider using if they decide to more work on MS2 3.3 alpha/beta etc....

G
Mazda MX5 + MS3 Pro
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

gslender wrote:But yeah, all the changes are ini based. I also have an ini update for the plain Alpha5 that James/Ken have to consider using if they decide to more work on MS2 3.3 alpha/beta etc....
Can you send me a copy?

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JoseMiguel »

thanks for the quick answer G

I really enjoy working with my Mac in MS... I really think that OSX handles things much better than Win. For example, I can close my laptop (sleep mode) and when I open it again, voila, it is inmediately connected back to my MS. On all my windows machines, I always have to restart TS or even worse, restart my PC. This is only an example. The truth is that MS always connect flawlessly to my mac and I really like it because I dont loose my time solving connection issues.

What I dislike is that I have not been able to make the Mac OS MS Flasher work. It simply never connects. I always have to fire Parallels (WinXP) to make firmware changes.

I was not aware of the adaptive voltage compensation. My bad. I thought that if I turned that setting off, I would have no battery voltage compensation.

Im still working on my idle tune. I do have to say that I have not been able to make it as smooth as I had it in V2.2, but I guess it is a matter of working on it. On 2.2 I would make a great idle only by tuning adaptive advance, now I have like 4 more things to tune, I guess Ill get it right with a bit more work.

Im posting my MSQ for you to look at it. I still dont get the TPS issue. If you need a log let me know.

BTW.. the new menus are MUCH BETTER! great work!
gslender wrote:
JoseMiguel wrote:Ok, firmware ready in the first car... my first thoughts

I would need to see your MSQ file to know.
JoseMiguel wrote: 2... Idle voltage compensation works well for me. I enabled it and was able to "tune" it without a problem. Later, I went back to retune it and the table is showing something strange (see the screenshot im posting). The green marker that shows where the current voltage is shows 0 (although you can see the voltmeter at the right showing 13.6 volts. The marker wont move whatsoever so Im guessing it is stuck in the lowest bin of the table.
This due to you using Adaptive voltage and not just regular voltage correction. Read the modguide as both are explained in the book I wrote !!
JoseMiguel wrote:Again, thanks for the great work. The afsterstart spark issue is effectively gone :) it makes up for much more healthy startups :)
Cool. Glad to see you're another Mac OSX user like me.... I think we need to both badger Phil to better support the OSX as MLV and TS seem second class citizen on this platform!!

G
gslender
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gslender »

JoseMiguel wrote: Im posting my MSQ for you to look at it. I still dont get the TPS issue. If you need a log let me know.
Yep. Post a log of the noisy TPS issues too... just so I can see the "it doesn't move" but causes tpsDOT issues.

G
Mazda MX5 + MS3 Pro
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

I see the accel pump idea didn't make it into the code? Have we gave up on finding space for it?
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
gslender
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gslender »

ol boy wrote:I see the accel pump idea didn't make it into the code? Have we gave up on finding space for it?
No. Just attacking thing a little bit at a time... will get around to it one day... just need to find more time ;-)

G
Mazda MX5 + MS3 Pro
HidRo
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by HidRo »

I'm not seing the MS3 dialogs, as shown in the PDF file.
Am I doing something wrong?
GS28 loaded, and using TS 2.0.5d
Golf II + 1.8T 20V + MSII V3.0 http://eight620vt.tk/
gslender
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gslender »

HidRo wrote:I'm not seing the MS3 dialogs, as shown in the PDF file.
Did you replace and change to the TS ini file that was in the zip?

G
Mazda MX5 + MS3 Pro
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

racingmini_mtl wrote:
gslender wrote:But yeah, all the changes are ini based. I also have an ini update for the plain Alpha5 that James/Ken have to consider using if they decide to more work on MS2 3.3 alpha/beta etc....
Can you send me a copy?

Jean
I guess not...
gslender
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gslender »

racingmini_mtl wrote:
racingmini_mtl wrote:
Can you send me a copy?

Jean
I guess not...
Lol. Im busy. Will do it. Need to check my files on the hobby computer but if you'd ask James or Ken I'm sure they can send it to you.

G
Mazda MX5 + MS3 Pro
HidRo
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by HidRo »

gslender wrote:

G
Ahh,
I downloaded the INI from the site, as usually is requested.
Maybe you could ask Phil to update the file?

Cheers!
G
Golf II + 1.8T 20V + MSII V3.0 http://eight620vt.tk/
gslender
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gslender »

HidRo wrote:
gslender wrote:

G
Ahh,
I downloaded the INI from the site, as usually is requested.
Maybe you could ask Phil to update the file?

Cheers!
G
Yeah, I'm not sure how Phil gets the in files so don't know how to ensure he has the correct one considering I didn't send anything to him. Also, the signature is really limited on the characters you can change to show a version, so I have to update the ini, but keep the sig the same.

G
Mazda MX5 + MS3 Pro
Acki
Banned

Post by Acki »

Whats about the EGO correction learning table aka fuel trim table? Any idea if and when it will come? ;)

(when you drive long time in the same map point the EGO correction table will filled with the EGO value, when you drive the second time in this point the EGO will use this value and not start at zero correction. After long time driving it should be able to correct and burn the VE table based on this values. It also can be used for diagnostic problems with the fuel supply or to check how the other corrections are working)