ms2extra 3.3.2 +luftvagon0.7 (AFR Table Switch + CLT + MAT)

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms2extra 3.3.2 +luftvagon0.3 (AFR Table Switch + CLT + M

Post by piledriver »

Hwn you get it working, can you try loading a diff against the latest alpha code?

I suspect 3.4 is actually closer than we think.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms2extra 3.3.2 +luftvagon0.3 (AFR Table Switch + CLT + M

Post by piledriver »

Loads, initially gave 2 warnings I need to see if I can duplicate, but menus show up etc.

May be Saturday before i can play, but as that's the Boss's birthday and Sunday is my oldest Grandsons wedding...

I want to see this working.

It just registered looking at it that fuel table switch by CLT and timing by MAT may have much wider uses...
(on MS3 w/the lovely table blend capability as e85 blending works... would be potentially absolutely righteous for boost)
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms2extra 3.3.2 +luftvagon0.7 (AFR Table Switch + CLT + M

Post by piledriver »

Any more luck with this?
(Are there 2 threads?)
luftvagon
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by luftvagon »

My drive crashed... as I was driving and testing, the laptop flew and hit the ground, and it corrupted the tune file, and OS files.
I just got it rebuilt with Lubuntu, and going to go test drive.
1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia - air-cooled Type4 1970cc CV (hydraulic lifters, 42x36 valves, stock cam, microSquirt FI with wasted spark ignition)
thieledj
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by thieledj »

Hello Piledriver,

Would it be possible to get a copy of your tune file.
I have a turbocharged 1915cc in a 1972 Superbug and will be moving to Tasmania (Australia) at the end of this month. Being a lot cooler than Queensland throughout the year, I thought this firmware would help in getting the engine up to operating temp.

thieledj@optusnet.com.au

Thanks

David
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

thieledj wrote:Hello Piledriver,

Would it be possible to get a copy of your tune file.
I have a turbocharged 1915cc in a 1972 Superbug and will be moving to Tasmania (Australia) at the end of this month. Being a lot cooler than Queensland throughout the year, I thought this firmware would help in getting the engine up to operating temp.

thieledj@optusnet.com.au

Thanks

David
I never got it working, Luftvagon needs to recreate some of the revised patch due to HDD lossage.
Does seem like a great idea, particularly for ACVW folks.

Running a few degrees retarded from optimal (at idle) was how vw cooked the heads for emissions purposes, the cold advance feature works fine for this.
Don't forget to set extended clt range option, the wue also can be used to add or remove fuel across the entire temp range.
(WUE never really has to turn "off")
thieledj
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by thieledj »

Thanks for the update on this firmware. It's a shame that it doesn't work. Could have been a useful feature for us aircooled people.

David
luftvagon
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by luftvagon »

Sorry guys, I gave up on this idea. I do however know why the code is not working. The information is being stored/accessed from the wrong address in the memory, essentially overwriting something else.
Please don't run this code.

Instead, of "having" this code, I opted to go about adding additional ASE%, and bump WUE%, essentially running a bitch richer for a bit longer period.
1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia - air-cooled Type4 1970cc CV (hydraulic lifters, 42x36 valves, stock cam, microSquirt FI with wasted spark ignition)